We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

This font is not supported

code I'm using:

Aspose.Pdf.Pdf pdf = new Aspose.Pdf.Pdf();

pdf.TextInfo.FontName = "Times New Roman CE";

pdf.TextInfo.IsTrueTypeFontBold = true;

pdf.TextInfo.IsTrueTypeFontItalic = true;

pdf.TextInfo.TruetypeFontFileName = "C:\\WINDOWS\\Fonts\\Times_New_Roman_CE.ttf";

pdf.TextInfo.IsFontEmbedded = true;

pdf.IsFontNotFoundExceptionThrown = true;

pdf.BindXML(pdfXmlStream, null);

Whan useing adobe.pdf.dll v 3.6.0.0 it works good but some fonts aren't converted 100% correctly (some parts of text are bold, italic witch shouldn't be) so I tryed a newer version of aspose.pdf dll the v 4.3.0.0 and v 4.4.0.0 In both cases I'm now reciving error:

"The Font 'Times New Roman Bold Italic or C:\WINDOWS\fonts\timesbi.ttf' is not found. This font is not supported."

or

"The Font 'Times New Roman or C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\Times_New_Roman_CE.ttf' is not found. This font is not supported"

Both fonts are installed on server in Fonts directory....

I can't use default fonts becouse of our language (Slovak) witch has specific characters like "č" "ť". Default fonts replace tham with empty space.

Hi,

Thanks for using our products.

Can you please share the font file Times_New_Roman_CE.ttf so that we can test the scenario at our end. More along, please share some information regarding your server environment i.e. the OS, .NET Framework version etc.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

win server 2003, web page runing under Sharepoint 2007 (not realy important … can be run even without it, shouldn’t have inpact on it) Framework 3.5

I uploaded the font here: http://www.mediafire.com/i/?tmnymhgdja5

Hi,

I have tested the scenario using Aspose.Pdf for .NET 4.4.0 over Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition SP2 containing .NET Framework 3.5 and I am unable to notice any problem. I have tested the code inside Visual Studio 2005 Professional edition. Can you please share some more details regarding your working environment and if possible, please share the sample project that can help us to reproduce the problem at our end.

PS, I have also tested the scenario over Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard edition while using Visual Studio 2005 Professional edition and I am unable to notice any problem there as well.

hi,

sry for late replay (I was out of office).

Actualy the code is working like this:

There is a RTF template, with string symbols. This string symbols are incode replaced with data from database. Merged RTF file is than converted to PDF. (for RTF file is used Aspose.Word dll version 5.2.2.0, I even tryed to use the newer version 9.1.0.0, didn’t helped)

Whan I save this RTF file to disk and open with Word avreathing looks good. (i.e correct fonts are used, styles are exactly as thay should be)

I made a small project (win application) witch is simulating my problem (code in project). Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/?z2xmdjzim4m

The file project.rar content:

• WindowsFormsApplication1.rar - the project with surce code to simulate my problem
    2x RTF file saved from my original project witch are used as input for the RTF-> PDF conversation
  • dolozka_vplyvov.rtf - RTF file, trying to convert this file to pdf result in font can’t be found even if the font is instaled in the windows\fonts dir. (pdf.IsFontNotFoundExceptionThrown = true )
  • dolozka_vplyvov_e2.rtf - simulate the problem of disapearing characters č,ť,ľ after setting the pdf.IsFontNotFoundExceptionThrown = false; (font is substitued by a font without this characters …)

Settup of machine is as metioned in the post above. The exact windows is 2003 server R2 Enterprise Edition.

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the sample project.

I have tested the scenario and I’m able to reproduce the font not supported problem. For the sake of correction, I have logged it in our issue tracking system as PDFNET-17985. We will investigate this issue in details and will keep you updated on the status of a correction.

Regarding the other issue " some characters č,ť,ľ are disapearing" please try using the following code line to get this issue resolved. You may also find attached the sample output that I have generated.

pdf.IsAutoFontAdjusted = true;

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

FYI, You may also try uisng the Direct-to-PDF save method of Apsoe.Words which does not require Aspose.Pdf for .NET to complete the conversion process and can do the job individually. I have tested both the scenarios using this approach and I am unabel to notice any issue. For more related information, please visit How-to: Convert a Document to PDF

hi,

thx for help.

IsAutoFontAdjusted - doesn't exist in aspose.pdf v.3.6.0.0 (in v.4.4.0.0 it works fine)

I will try the direct-to-pdf solution, is it implement in aspose.word.dll v 5.2.2.0 ? or I again need the new version ?

Hi,

I am afraid the Save-to-PDF method is not supported in Aspose.Words 5.2.2 and in order to get this feature you need to upgrade to the latest release version. You can access Aspose.Words for .NET 9.1.0 from here.

In case of any further query, please feel free to contact. We apologize for your inconvenience.

The solution with Aspose.Word v.9.1.0 direct saveing to PDF works good. Direct saveing in v 5.2.2 isn't supported.

So I will suggest our manegers to buy the v 9.1.0 aspose.word and use this solution.