This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms

[InvalidOperationException: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms.]
System.Security.Cryptography.SHA1Managed..ctor() +2988093
Aspose.Excel.License.ਠ(XmlNode ਡ, XmlNode ਢ) +49
Aspose.Excel.License.ਞ(XmlDocument ਟ) +93
Aspose.Excel.License.SetLicense(Stream stream) +110
Aspose.Excel.License.SetLicense(String licenseName) +68

I have taken over a project at my workplace and the server team just implemented FIPS on our servers.

Aspose Excel File version is: 3.4.0.0

Product version 2005.08.22

File Name is Aspose.Excel.dll

Running on IIS 7.5

windows server 2008R2

Hi,

I am afraid since your are using a very old version of Aspose.Excel for which we cannot help you much regarding any issue you might encounter. We can only recommend you to upgrade to latest versions of the product e.g Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.1.0. Also there are some tremendous changes and enhancements over the years, Aspose.Excel is renamed to Aspose.Cells now.

You should browse its documentation and APIs Reference for your complete reference.

Thanks,

Hi Amjad, thanks for the reply.

Looking at the error message, it seems like all the error messages that the website outputs are the Excel.License namespace. Is there anyway to just update the namespace to a FIPS compliant algorithm? (`http://blog.aggregatedintelligence.com/2007/10/fips-validated-cryptographic-algorithms.html`)

Hi,

I am afraid, we cannot make amendments in the older Aspose.Excel versions which is obsoleted now. We cannot go against our policy. The amendments are only possible based on the latest versions of the product (Aspose.Cells).

Thanks for your understanding!