We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Throwing exception while accessing protected .pot files

Hi,

I am working on a .net based application where I am accessing .pot file using Presentation object by passing full path of file name but it is throwing error. We do have licence as well.

Sample code which is throwing error:
slideList = new Presentation(filePath);
Exception occured:
Couldn’t read “PowerPoint Document” record.

I tried with multiple versions of aspose like 16.1.0, 15.7.0, 15.2.0, 14.0 but getting the same exception. I am amazed to see this issue has been mentioned as fixed in each and every release I tried out.

I am attaching problematic .pot file as well so that you guys can play around it.

It’s very critical issue which I am facing and need urgent solution.
Looking forward to see the quick response.

Thanks & Regards,
Gaurav Bhardwaj

Hi Gaurav,

Thank you for posting.

I have observed your comments and have worked with the file shared by you. I am able to notice the exception while using Aspose.Slides for .NET 16.1.0 but it appears to be a problem with the file as PowerPoint also detects the problem with it. Please see attached screenshot for your kind reference. You may try some other pot file and then check if it is a problem with Aspose.Slides or not, and then share your kind feedback with us.

Please let us know if the issue persists. We will be pleased to help you further.

Best Regards,

Hi Adnan,

power point will show this error until you copy this file to any trusted location attached to it.
You can either copy file to existing trusted location attached to this file or you can create new trusted location and copy this file to newly added trusted location.
Even after doing that aspose is throwing same error.

You can refer this for trusted location related information:
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Create-remove-or-change-a-trusted-location-for-your-files-f5151879-25ea-4998-80a5-4208b3540a62#bm3

Looking forward for your quick reply.

Thanks.

Hi Gaurav,

I have observed your comments andlike to share with you that, a ticket with ID SLIDESNET-37242 has been logged in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue.This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified automatically as soon as the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi Adnan,

Could you please let me know the expected date of resolution ?
As it is very critical for us.

Thanks & Regards,
Gaurav Bhardwaj

Hi Gaurav,

I have observed your comments and like to share with you that the issue reported by you, SLIDESNET-37242, is pending for investigation at the moment. We will be able to share the ETA, once the issue will be investigated. Our product team is busy with the issues reported earlier, and the ones with higher priority. Your issue will be looked into on its due turn. We appreciate your patience in this regard.

Best Regards,

Hello,

I am the Project Manager on a high-visibility project that relies on the Aspose.Slides .NET product. Currently, we are having issues with some possible limitations or bugs in your product. This has delayed our deployment. It has been nine days since we have heard from you on this ticket. Please provide us with an update on when you can resolve this, and let me know how we can escalate the ticket.

Thanks

Tim

Hi Tim,

Thank yo for getting back to us.

I have observed your comments and like to share with you that the issue reported by you, SLIDESNET-37242, has been fixed for Aspose.Slides for .NET 16.3.0 whose tentative date of release is the first week of April 2016. We will notify you as soon as the product will be shared online. About escalation of any issue, we offer different support plans as explained over this link. Priority Support and Enterprise Support customers get the fixes soon as compared to the customers without any subscription, along with other support privileges.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-37242) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.