Thumbnail creation doesn't work properly for all shapes

Hi

We tried creating presentation with most of the shapes used in PowerPoint 2007. When i tried PPTX API to get a thumbnail , the smart art shapes are not rendering properly. So I converted PPTX to PPT and tried again, now we found the following issue. (The issue is there in both Java and .Net component)

• “Snip and Round Single Corner
    Rectangle” – not converted
  • “Round Single Corner Rectangle” –
    not converted
  • “Round Same Side Corner Rectangle”
    – not converted
  • “Round Diagonal Corner Rectangle”
    – not converted
  • “Pie” – not converted
  • “Chord” – not converted
  • “Teardrop” – not converted
  • “Donut” – not converted
  • “’No’ Symbol” – not converted
  • “Block Arc” – not converted
  • “Cloud” – not converted
  • “Arc” – not converted
  • “Bent Arrow” – not converted
  • “U-Turn Arrow” – not converted
  • “Circular Arrow” – not converted
  • “Division” – not converted
  • “Minus” – symbol converted to be
    much thicker line
  • “Equal” – symbol converted to be
    much thicker lines
  • “Line Callout 1” – line to the
    left of the box should be at an angle, but converted it is vertical
  • “Line Callout 1 (Accent Bar)” –
    missing the ‘angled’ line (only vertical line present to left of box)
  • “Line Callout 1 (No Border)” –
    missing the ‘angled’ line (only vertical line present to left of box)
  • “Line Callout 1 (Border and Accent
    Bar) – missing the ‘angled’ line (only vertical line present to left of box)
  • All “Action Button” shapes appear
    in a 3-D format when converted
We are currently using .Net Component (4.1.1.0 ) and for Java (2.2.0).
Please let us know when this would be fixed.
P.S : I am attaching the Presentation.

Dear Parthiban,

Thanks for sharing such a comprehensive piece of information. I have been able to observe the missing shapes as specified by you and this issue needs comprehensive investigation. An issue with ID 19145 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has also been linked with the issue, so that you may be automatically notified, once the issue resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi Mudassir ,

Is there any time line set for this particular issue. Please let me know when we can expect the fix on this as this is becoming more critical from our end.

Thanks and regards
Parthiban.J

Hi Parthiban.J,

I have requested our development team to share the ETA for the issue. As soon as some information is shared by them, I will share that with you.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi Mudassir,

Could you please move this to the priority support forum as we have procured priority support recently. And let us know the ETA for this.

Thanks and regards

Parthiban.J

Dear Parthiban,

Can you please share details of the priority support user name? Unfortunately, I am unable to find your user name as priority support customer. If I moved this request to priority support forum then you will be no longer able to access the post. Please make a post in the thread with the priority support user name. I will be then able to move that the priority support forum and you will also be able to access that using that user name.

I am sorry for your inconvenience,

Please find the priority support user name - otaviof.

Hi,

The new thread has been created for the issue on your behalf here in PS forum.

Thanks and Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 19145) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Mudassir:

We are still encountering issues with rendering of smartart shapes. Whenever we attempt to convert a PPTX slide with a smartart shape on it, this renders as a solid pink block. This is NOT an issue when performing the same conversion using PPT. It appears that we are moving backwards in terms of supported features. Can you please confirm when this will be resolved by tomorrow (I need a date for when this will be fixed)? Also, is someone performing QA on this or else is there somewhere that you document the shapes and features that you support so that we are not having to find these out through our own testing and then notifying you?

- Matt

Hi Matt,

I like to share that you are getting pink boxes for PPTX SmartArt because of the fact that it has not yet been provided in Aspose.Slides. We are working on this feature and it will be available in the August product release hopefully.

Thanks and Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan