Thumbnail of just one element on a slide

I have a project that was using Presentation and Slide to process .ppt files. One part of the code uses the GetThumbnail() overload that takes an ICollection to get a thumbnail of just one element or of a group of elements. This overload actually stopped working correctly sometime after version 5.0, including other overlapping elements in the snapshot, so we stayed on 5.0 for a long time. I've just confirmed it still does that in 7.0.

Now we're going to start processing .pptx files using PresentationEx, SlideEx and so on. But SlideEx does not have the overload I want in GetThumbnail(). Is there another way to get a snapshot of a single element or a collection of elements, rather than the entire slide?

Hi Kate,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I have observed your requirement of generating shape thumbnails in case of PPTX and regret to share that feature is not implemented for PPTX yet. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-33583 has already been created in our issue tracking system to investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

I still need this overload. Has there been any progress on the issue? I don’t see the overload in the latest documentation.

Any update on this issue?

Hi Kate,

I like to share the feature support for generating the shape thumbnail in Aspose.Slides is related to merged API availability. The merged API is likely to be available during Q4 of 2013. Once merged API will be rolled out the concerned feature support for generating the shape thumbnail which is at present availble only for PPT shapes will be available for PPTX as well. We will share the notification with you once the merged API will get available.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-33583) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.
(2)