Tiff File Format Issue In Linux Server After .Net6 migration

Hi @asad.ali
Any update on this

@Chenchu

Regretfully, the investigation could not get completed yet due to other pending issues in the queue. Nevertheless, we will let you know once we have some updates. Please spare us some time.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Hi @asad.ali

Still the ticket is in open state, could you please let me know when it can be resolved.

@Chenchu

We are sorry for the delay and the inconvenience. We are in process of investigating the ticket and will surely let you know soon once the analysis is done. We again apologize for your inconvenience.

@Chenchu

In Q1 we plan to improve the quality of rendering for UNIX systems in a variety of ways. We plan to improve the rendering quality of text, pictures and graphical primitives. These fixes will most likely fix all rendering issues in your document. At the end of Q2, we plan to finish testing a new rendering system for UNIX systems that will remove the dependency on GDI+. This will slightly change the rendering result, but will improve the quality of the rendering even more.

Have you released the latest change.

@Chenchu

Sadly, the ticket has not been yet resolved and fix has not been yet released. Nevertheless, your concerns have already been recorded and we will surely inform you once we make some progress towards ticket resolution. Please spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

@Chenchu

Rendering quality improvements for Linux have been included in release 23.3.0.
Using the following Linux docker with .NET 6:

FROM mcr.microsoft.com/dotnet/sdk:6.0

RUN apt-get update \
    && apt-get install -y --allow-unauthenticated \
        libc6-dev \
        libgdiplus \
        libx11-dev \
     && rm -rf /var/lib/apt/lists/*

ENV DOTNET_SYSTEM_GLOBALIZATION_INVARIANT=false

RUN sed -i'.bak' 's/$/ contrib/' /etc/apt/sources.list
RUN apt-get update; apt-get install -y ttf-mscorefonts-installer fontconfig

RUN fc-cache -f -v

And the following code:

using var doc = new HTMLDocument("input.htm");
using var dev = new ImageDevice(new ImageRenderingOptions(ImageFormat.Tiff), "result.tiff");
doc.RenderTo(dev);

You will receive the attached “result.tiff” file.

Thanks @asad.ali
I will try this one let you know.

Hi @asad.ali

Could you please provide the Docker file in the form of alpine image
FROM repo.mitchell.com/dotnet/aspnet:6.0-alpine

If I use alpine api-get commands shows not found

Could you please provide me the docker file in the for of alpine image

@Chenchu

We have logged your request under the linked ticket and will work on it. As soon as we have some feedback to share, we will let you know.

Thank you so much Asad Ali
I completed this issue, it’s working fine now.