TIFF image is not getting created exactly with respect to Document page. Sometimes the last part of the content is getting carried forwarded to another TIFF image

Hi,
I have been using Aspose.Word for java licence version,for converting Word document to Tiff image.
TIFF image is not getting created exactly with respect
to Document page. Sometimes the last part of the
content is getting carried forwarded to another TIFF image in Linux(Cent OS) environment.
In windows OS ,TIFF image is getting created exactly with respect
to Document page. but not in Cent OS.
Please kindly look of issue and kindly revert ASAP.Thanks
Regards,
Shafiq
shafiqm@smartconnectt.com
Talk: +918892385959

Hi Mohammed,

Thanks for your inquiry. In case you are using an older version of Aspose.Words, I would suggest you please upgrade to the latest version (v13.3.0.1) from here and let us know how it goes on your side. If the problem still remains, please attach your input Word document here for testing. I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

Hi Tahir,

Thanks for reply ,

I have downloaded the latest version (v13.3.0.1) after unzip, I found two jar file Aspose.Words.jdk16.jar & Aspose.Words.jdk15.jar.

I used Aspose.Words.jdk16.jar file but problem still there.

Which jar should be used 15 or 16 or both?& also let me know how to find version of jar file?.Thanks

Regards,

Shafiq

Hi Tahir,

Thanks for reply ,

I have downloaded the latest version (v13.3.0.1) after unzip, I found two jar file Aspose.Words.jdk16.jar & Aspose.Words.jdk15.jar.

I used Aspose.Words.jdk16.jar file but problem still there.

Which jar should be used 15 or 16 or both?& also let me know how to find version of jar file?.Thanks

Regards,

Shafiq

Hi Taher,

I have used the latest version (v13.3.0.1) jar (Aspose.Words.jdk16.jar) file.

The problem still there as mention before “TIFF image is not getting created exactly with respect to Document page.” In Linux(CentOS) Environment.

Please find the attached input document & let me know solution to move ahead quickly. Thanks

Warm Regards

Md Shafiq

Hi Tahir,

We are still waiting for your reply. Issue is reported in production server. Pls. revert asap.

Awaiting for your update.

Thanks and regards,

Shafiq

Hi Shafiq,

Please accept my apologies for late response.

Thanks for your inquiry. The Aspose.Words.Java.zip file contains three jar files as follow:

1. Aspose.Words.jdk14.jar
  2. Aspose.Words.jdk15.jar
  3. Aspose.Words.jdk16.jar

You can use Aspose.Words.jdk16.jar for your JDK 1.6. You can determine Aspose.Words’ version by unziping ‘Aspose.Words.jdk16.jar’ file. Please navigate to ‘META-INF’ folder and then open ‘MANIFEST.MF’ with Notepad. There you’ll find something like below:

Manifest-Version: 1.0

Specification-Title: Aspose.Words for Java

Specification-Version: 13.3.0.1

Specification-Vendor: Aspose Pty Ltd

Implementation-Title: Aspose.Words for Java

Implementation-Version: 13.3.0.1

Implementation-Vendor: Aspose Pty Ltd

Release-Date: 2013.01.31

You may get Aspose.Words version by Java code as shown in following code snippet.

System.out.println("Aspose
product and version is = "

+ BuildVersionInfo.getProduct() + " : "

+ BuildVersionInfo.getVersion());

Regarding your query about Tiff file conversion. I am working over it and will update you asap.

Hi Shafiq,

Please download the latest version of Aspose.Words for Java 13.4.0 from here:

https://downloads.aspose.com/words/java

I have exported the shared Docx file into Tiff file format by using following code snippet and have not found any issue. I exported your document at Ubuntu Operating System. Please see the att I have attached the output Tiff file with this post.

Document doc = new
Document(MyDir + “in.doc”);

doc.save(MyDir + “out.tif”);

Please share following details for further investigation purposes.

What environment are you running on?

• OS (Linux Version)
  • Java Version
  • Please supply us with the code which you have used to export Doc to Tiff file format
  • Please supply us with the output document showing the undesired behaviour

As soon as you get these pieces of information to us we’ll start our investigation into your issue.

Hi Taher,

Find the below details

• 1)OS (CentOS Linux)
  • 2)Java ver 1.6
  • 3)Code snippet
Document wordDoc = new Document(docs[0].getAbsolutePath());
docPageCount = wordDoc.getPageCount(); //max doc page count =8 & tiff also 8 pages 
for (j = 0; j < docPageCount; j++)
{

ImageSaveOptions tiffOptions = new ImageSaveOptions(SaveFormat.TIFF);
    // tiffOptions.setSaveFormat(wordDoc.getOriginalLoadFormat());

tiffOptions.setPageIndex(j);
    tiffOptions.setPageCount(1);
    tiffOptions.setTiffCompression(TiffCompression.CCITT_4);
    tiffOptions.setResolution(160);
    // strFileNameStructure.append(j + 1);
    // strFileNameStructure.append(".tiff");
    // System.out.println(AsyncService.CONFIGURATION.get("SA_TIFF_XMLPATH") + str6FileNameStructure.toString() + (j + 1) + ".tiff");
    wordDoc.save(strTargetTiffDirectory + strFileNameStructure.toString() + "_page" + (j + 1) + ".tiff", tiffOptions);
}

I have attached Input word document & output tiff files.kindly look forward & let me know to move ahead ,because it has to deploy on production server & has to go live soon.
Thanks and Regards,
Shafiq

Hi Shafiq,

Thanks for sharing the details. Aspose.Words requires TrueType fonts when rendering documents to fixed-page formats. Most likely this problem occurs when you use Aspose.Words on Linux or Mac OS or your MS Word template document uses fonts that are not present on your computer or Aspose.Words cannot locate fonts on your computer. I would suggest you please read the following article:

https://docs.aspose.com/words/java/using-truetype-fonts/

You can use the FontSettings class to specify the location of the font files. Please read following documentation links for your kind reference.

https://docs.aspose.com/words/java/specify-truetype-fonts-location/

https://docs.aspose.com/words/java/install-truetype-fonts-on-linux/

https://docs.aspose.com/words/java/manipulate-and-substitute-truetype-fonts/

Hi Taher,

Thanks a lot its working fine…

Regards,
Shafiq

Hi Shafiq,

Thanks for your feedback. Please feel free to ask if you have any question about Aspose.Words, we will be happy to help you.

Hi Tahir,

Iam facing same problem with few documents ie “Sometimes the last part of the content is getting carried forwarded to another TIFF image” in Windows and Linux environment.
I have used same Code as in thread group.Please find the attached input word document & output tiff files for your reference.Waiting for quick reply.Thanks.
Regards,
Shafiq

Hi Shafiq,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side. I have logged this issue as WORDSNET-8228 in our issue tracking system. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Tahir,

when can we get the solution to above raised issue.we need to communicate with client & it has to go live.waiting for earliest reply.Thanks

Regards,
Shafiq

Hi Shafiq,

Thanks for your inquiry.

I have verified the status of your issue WORDSNET-8228 from our issue tracking system and like to share with you that this issue has been resolved. The fix of this issue will be included in the next version of Aspose.Words (v13.5.0) which is planned to be released by the end of May 2013. We will inform you via this forum thread as soon as May release is published.

Hi Tahir

When will be the Aspose.Words (v13.5.0) will be released,as you communicated in May end. Waiting for earlier reply Thanks

Regards,
Shafiq

Hi Shafiq,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please note that new versions of Aspose.Words come out at the end of every month. Hopefully, the next version of Aspose.Words (v13.5.0) will be available in a couple of days. We will inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

We appreciate your patience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-8228) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Hi Tahir,

Thanks for the latest Aspose.Words(v13.5.0) released.I have tested with the latest Aspose.Words.jdk16.jar.
The issue “Contents are moved to next pages after conversion from Doc to Tiff” still there, with the same earlier shared input word document. one line content overflow from 4th page seems to be there,find the attached input word document & output tiff files .Please consider this issue as high priority & let us know solution to proceed further.Thanks

Warm Regards

Shafiq