We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Tiff images inserted using insert picture in Word not rendering

When we use the Insert => Pictures button in Word to create the word file and use the aspose library on the file, the output shows a red colored X on white background (something similar to image missing on html page) instead of the proper image. Sample file is attached.

Library used: aspose-words-14.8.0.-jdk16.jar

Hi there,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please note that Aspose.Words for Java depends upon the Java Advanced Imaging (JAI) package from Sun in order to process some image formats such as TIFF. You need to include JAI jar files in your application.

Please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words for Java 17.3.0 and read following article.
Additional Dependencies

Hi Tahir,

I am facing the same problem.

Can you confirm if JAI is opensource or I need to purchase some kind of license for the same? We have a product coded in Java where we are using aspose. I went through the JAI license but it is not clear whether I can include it in my product for free or not.
Hi there,

Thanks for your inquiry. Java Advanced Imaging (JAI) is provided as a free download directly from Oracle Corporation for the Windows, Solaris, and Linux platforms. Please read about JAI license from here:
Java advanced imaging license

Is there an alternative to using JAI for tif support ?

Hi there,

Thanks for your inquiry. Aspose.Words does not use any alternative of JAI. You need to include JAI jar files in your application. Please read system requirements from here:
System Requirements