Tiff issue

Hi,

When we are trying to convert docx to doc or docx to html, tiff image in the dcoument is getting corrupted.

I have attached the sample for your reference.

Thanks

Hi there,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSJAVA-1124. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

@Thiaguramani

Thanks for your patience. Our product team has completed the analysis of this issue. Please check the following detail.

The problem appears because Java can’t load these TIFF images even if we use the latest version of JAI (1.1.3 at the moment). More precisely, core Java doesn’t support TIFF at all. JAI supports several TIFF sub-formats, but not all. You can use ImageMagick and im4java to load tiff images. To convert the input document you should:

1. Download and install ImageMagick from ImageMagick – Download
    I used ImageMagick-6.3.9-0-Q8-windows-dll.exe. No 64-bit version under Windows, but if you work with ImageMagick via im4java, you can use both 32-bit and 64-bit version of Java.
  2. Download and install im4java
  3. Download latest version from im4java - Browse /im4java-1.4.0 at SourceForge.net
  4. Put im4java-1.4.0.jar from archive to JDK_HOME/jre/lib/ext directory.
  5. Create the environment-variable IM4JAVA_TOOLPATH and specify path to directory with ImageMagick libraries and utils, e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\ImageMagick-6.3.9-Q8.
  6. Restart computer or perform logout/login to apply changes.

Reflection is used to invoke im4java methods, so Aspose.Words jar is completely independent from im4java library.

I installed ImageMagick and im4java and saved document to html and doc formats. Images are converted without problems. Please check the attached output document.