We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Time taken by Aspose to open a Word document

I would like to know how long it will take for a word document to be opened in Aspose Words for Java. Does Aspose provide any incremental update on how much it has parsed the word document at any point in time?
Hi Deepak,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please note that performance and memory usage all depend on complexity and size of the documents you are generating. If you are loading huge Word document into Aspose.Words' DOM, more memory and time would be required.

Unfortunately, there is no API to get loading time of document into Aspose.Words DOM. We will consider adding a callback event that notifies you the progress of loading document. We have linked your request to the appropriate issue (WORDSNET-14472) in our issue tracking system. You will be notified as soon as this feature is supported. We apologize for your inconvenience.

A feature request probably.

If we are opening a word document using Aspose and saving it to a PDF or HTML, if you could provide a CallBack implementation which will give information like the following, that would be great.

class MyProgressCallback implements ProgressCallback {
public void getProgress(int currentPageProcessed, int totalPages) {
// I could write my business logic to know the progress of transforming word document to other formats.
}
}

You could provide information about the Progress similar to the above during the document load as well.

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for inquiry. Unfortunately, there is no way to know how much time you should wait before the conversion ends. We will consider adding a Callback event that notifies you the progress of conversion. We have linked your request to the appropriate issue (WORDSNET-7187) in our issue tracking system and you will be notified as soon as this feature is supported.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-14472) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 21.11 update also available on NuGet.