TimeoutException: The operation ‘Connect’ terminated. Timeout ‘100000’ has been reached on sending or receiving emails

Hi Team,

I am using Aspose Email version 19.10.

I have a problem that sending mail with IMAP and receiving mail from SMTP does not work with my provider.

There are no errors except for a timeout exception.

With similar credentials, I have tried on Outlook and thunderbird and in both I was able to send and receive emails.

Could you please look into the issue and test what the problem is?

I would like to send you my host credentials privately. Please kindly do not share the credentials outside the relevant team.

Could you please let me know how I can send you the credentials privately?

Thanks and Regards,
Arne

@arne411,

I have observed the issue shared by you and request you to please first try using Aspose.Email for .NET 19.11 on your end. If there is still an issue then please share the working sample project along with test account credentials reproducing the issue. Please share the source information so that we may try investigating issue on our end.

Hi Team,

I have tested with Aspose Email version 19.11 and the issue still persists.

While trying to send an Email, I get the following exception:

TimeoutException: The operation ‘Connect’ terminated. Timeout ‘100000’ has been reached.

The same occurs while receiving email. No email is received at the test account.

Please find attached the test project along with the test credentials.

AsposeSendReceiveMail.zip (7.2 KB)

Could you please look into this issue?

Thanks and Regards,
Arne

@arne411,

I have observed the information shared by you. An issue with ID EMAILJAVA-34630 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be fixed.

Hi,

Is there any update on this issue?

best regards

Arne

@arne411,

I have verified from our issue tracking system and like to share that you need to use new implementation of SocketsLayer to connect server using Aspose.Email for Java 19.12.

//enable TLS1.2 support with Sockets Layer version 2
EmailClient.setSocketsLayerVersion2(true);

//open connection
SmtpClient client = new SmtpClient("host.com", 587, "user", "pass");
client.noop();

Hi Team,

Thanks, the above solution works. I have a question for you.

Is it Okay to use this new implementation for all the mail accounts from my other providers or only for this particular test account?

Thanks and Regards,
Arne

@arne411,

I think you may use this option where ever you encounter similar issues on your end.

Hi Team,

Thank you, you may now close the issue.

Regards,
Arne

@arne411,

Thank you for your feedback.

Will Aspose.email 19.5 contain a fix for this issue?

@pavirajkumar,

This issue was fixed in Aspose.Email for Java 19.12. Therefore, any version released after this one till to Aspose.Email for Java 20.5 will work.

We have ASPOSE.email.dll for .NET Framework 4.7.1 and receiving this error.

@pavirajkumar,

Please provide a sample project reproducing the issue along with test account details reproducing the issue.