Title for EPub document

I have converted a word document into EPub format but when I open it it is untitled. How do I add a title to a document so when it is converted it has a title.

Hi Pirone,

Thank you for your inquiry. Please note that the Title of EPUB document is mapped to the Title property of your input Word document. If Title property of Word document is empty/null, you will get “untitled” title in output EPUB. Please set the Document.BuiltInDocumentProperties.*Title** property as shown in following code snippet to achieve your requirements.

Document doc = new Document(@"C:\test\In.docx");
doc.BuiltInDocumentProperties.Title = "New title for document";
doc.Save(@"C:\test\out.epub");

Please let us know if you have any more queries.

Thank you for your reply. I am using word express. Not sure I can use this code. The only option I have it to browse to the path for the input document and the path for the output document.
Here is the path for the word document I am converting.
C:\Users\James\Documents\Writing\Jake Montana\matter of destiny\A Matter of Destiny.doc
the document name is A Matter of Destiny, which should be the name of the ePub book. But it still comes up as untitled.
thank you.

Hi Pirone,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Please note that the Title of EPUB document is mapped to the Title property of your input Word document. If Title property of Word document is empty, you will get “untitled” title in output EPUB.

You can set this title property without using any code by modifying the document property of the document in MS Word. Please see the attached image.

Thank you so much. I never knew about changing the title in the document properties. It worked.

Hi Pirone,

Thanks for your feedback. Please feel free to ask if you have any question about Aspose.Words, we will be happy to help you.