TNEF/MSG conversion issues

Hi,

I tested Aspose.Email.dll 3.9.0.0 and I faced with some conversion issues within TNEF/MSG (complete list of issues is in attached project).
Please take a look at the project I supplied.

If you consider this issue as few, not related with each other, please create appropriate tickets.

Thank you,
Alex Shloma

Hi Alex,

Thank you for writing to Aspose support team.

I was able to observe the issue of 0 attachments and 0 recipients count for the embedded message and have logged it as NETWORKNET-34301 in our issue tracking system. Once the issue is fixed and there is some update available in this regard, we’ll write back here via this thread.

For investigating the other issue, could you
please share with us how you removed the email properties? We are further
investigating the issue and your feedback will help us in this regard.

Hi Kashif,

how you removed the email properties

Not sure that I understood your question correctly. Will try to answer:

· I wrote that I had removed headers from “MainMessage.eml”. I did it in text editor.

· I wrote that “EmbeddedMessageInTnefFormat” is embedded message extracted from TNEF. I did it by means of Microsoft.Exchange.Data.ContentTypes.Tnef.TnefReader from Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Common.dll library.

private static void SaveAttachFromTnef(string srcPath)
{
    EmailMessage email;
    using (var fs = File.OpenRead(srcPath))
        email = EmailMessage.Create(fs);

MimePart tnefPart = email.TnefPart;

using (TnefReader reader = new TnefReader(tnefPart.GetContentReadStream()))
    {
        while (reader.ReadNextAttribute())
        {
            var sdg = reader.AttributeTag;
            if (reader.AttributeTag == TnefAttributeTag.Attachment)
            {
                while (reader.PropertyReader.ReadNextProperty())
                {
                    if (reader.PropertyReader.PropertyTag.Id == TnefPropertyId.AttachData)
                    {
                        //read data here
                    }
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

If I did not answer your question, please rephrase and let me know. Will do my best to provide you with additional information.

Thanks,

Alex Shloma

By the way, I forgot to ask about following issue:

If you open "SavedEmbeddedMessage.msg" file in Outlook you will see regular attachment "image001.png" and [cid:image001.png@01CF3DA2.4DEEDDD0] link in message body. Expected: message without regular attachments and signature image in message body.

Did you manage to replicate it?

Thank you,
Alex Shloma

Hi Alex,

Thank you for providing the feedback about removing the message headers and retrieving TNEF information from the message. I was able to observe the issue but it seems this arise due to the first bug we have reported. I am further investigating this issue at my end and will update you soon about my findings. We appreciate your patience in this regard.

Hi Alex,

We are glad to inform that new version Aspose.Email for .NET 4.1.0 is released and available for downloaded.

I would like to share that information about attachments and recipients cannot be retrieved from Properties of MapiMessage. Following is a sample code which can perform this task. Could you please give it a try and let us know your feedback.

string fileName = Path.Combine(“MainMessage.eml”);
MailMessage mainMail = MailMessage.Load(fileName);
MapiMessage mapi = MapiMessage.FromMailMessage(mainMail);
MapiMessage embeddedFromProperties = MapiMessage.FromStream(new MemoryStream(mapi.Attachments[0].ObjectData.Data));
Console.WriteLine(embeddedFromProperties.Attachments.Count); //It should display 1
Console.WriteLine(embeddedFromProperties.Recipients.Count); //It should display 2

I tried new Aspose.Mail.dll and code snippet you provided. In debug I see correct number of recipients and attachments of embedded message.

But still one recipient is missed during saving embedded message to MSG file.

var mainMail = MailMessage.Load(“MainMessage.eml”);
var mapiMain = MapiMessage.FromMailMessage(mainMail);
var embeddedMessageStream =
new MemoryStream(mapiMain.Attachments[0].ObjectData.Data);
var embedded = MapiMessage.FromStream(embeddedMessageStream);
embedded.Save(“Lost
recipient.msg”
);

“Lost recipient.msg” will contain only one recipient if you open it in Outlook.

Thanks,
Alex Shloma

Hi Alex,

I was able to reproduce this issue at my end using the latest version of Aspose.Email for .NET and have logged it for further investigation by our development under issue id: NETWORKNET-34353. Once the fix version or any information is available in this regard, we’ll update you here via this thread.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Hi Kashif Iqbal,

Can you please tell me is there abilityto see all issues (I mean registered and assigned to developer, like “NETWORKNET-34353”) connected with a certain thread.

I ask, because sometimes we report several issues within one thread, and I do not know which of them were investigated, discussed with developers…

Thank,

Alex Shloma

Hi Alex,

As you can see in the attached screenshot, investigated issues are either marked as Fixed or code snippet is provided for the issue. If an issue’s status is still unresolved, it means that this has been assigned to developer but either it is pending for investigation or being investigated. There can be other states as well such as Won’t Fix, Not A Bug or Swarm depending upon the investigation results by development team.

Could you please move this ticket to Priority Support forum?

Thanks in advance,

Alex Shloma

Hi Alex,

Thank you for writing to us.

Your issue with id: NETWORKNET-34353 has been currently logged in our issue tracking system with normal priority. If you would like this to be moved to Priority support, it will count towards your Priority Support Quota Limit (which is 6) and your total quota count will reduce by one. Do you still want to move this ticket to priority support? We’ll look into it accordingly for assisting you further.

Hi Kashif,

Thank you for explanations regarding priority support. Ignore my previous request. I will open separate tickets in priority forum.

Best regards,
Alex Shloma

Hi Alex,

You are welcome and please feel free to write to us in case you have any additional query/inquiry related to Aspose.Email.

Hi, Kashif Iqbal.

Unfortunately, I do not have the info about issues connected with thread like on your screenshot.

I attached my screenshot.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as NETWORKNET-34353) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.