We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

To PDF conversion image quality different on Windows 2008 r2

Hi Aspose,

We have found image quality differences in the conversion of Slides to PDF (Aspose.Slides v14.7).
For conversion we’re using the code below:

IWarningCallback warningCallback = new WarningsLogger();
LoadOptions loadOptions = new LoadOptions() { WarningCallback = warningCallback, LoadFormat = LoadFormat.Auto };
PdfOptions pdfSaveOptions = new PdfOptions() { WarningCallback = warningCallback, JpegQuality = 100 };

Presentation presentation = new Presentation(input, loadOptions);
presentation.Save(output, saveFormat, pdfSaveOptions);

Also tried this code:
IWarningCallback warningCallback = new WarningsLogger();
LoadOptions loadOptions = new LoadOptions() { WarningCallback = warningCallback, LoadFormat = LoadFormat.Auto };
PdfOptions pdfSaveOptions = new PdfOptions() { WarningCallback = warningCallback};
pdfSaveOptions.JpegQuality = 100;
pdfSaveOptions.SaveMetafilesAsPng = true;
pdfSaveOptions.TextCompression = PdfTextCompression.None;
pdfSaveOptions.Compliance = PdfCompliance.Pdf15;

Presentation presentation = new Presentation(input, loadOptions);
presentation.Save(output, saveFormat, pdfSaveOptions);

Unfortunately the same results…

Why is the image quality between the conversion on Windows 8 and Windows 2008 r2 different?
I have attached pdf results of both operating systems and the original presentation (PPT)

Thanks,
Dennis

Hi Dennis,

I have observed the PDF files shared by you and request you to please share the issue details in terms of quality difference between PDF files generated by two Operating system environments. I will investigate the issue further on my end to help you out.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

I have attached the diff’s.
The differences are inside the red rectangles.

Thanks a lot,

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

I have tried opening the Windows Server 2008 generated PDF on my end. There is no issue at all while opening that on my end. There may possibly be issue with Adobe PDF on your end. For your kind reference, I have attached the snapshots highlighting the Windows Server 2008 generated PDF snapshot for your reference as well.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

The issue isn’t opening the PDF’s but rendering with Aspose.Slides on both operating systems.
I am also available to open both PDF’s but there is still a quality difference in the rendered images in the slides, as you can see in my diff’s attachement.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Render PDF on Windows 2008 r2 from '3d Powerpoint PPT.PPT
2. Render PDF on Windows 8 from '3d Powerpoint PPT.PPT
3. Compare both rendered PDF’s with for example Adobe Acrobat XI Pro

Thanks,
Dennis

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for your further feedback. I request some time for setting up the environment on my end to perform the tests and try reproducing the issue. I will share the feedback with you ASAP in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

This is still an issue for us. When is this issue scheduled to be resolved?

Thanks,

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

I have tried generating the Pdf files using Windows 7 x64, Windows 8 and Windows 2008 using Aspose.Slides for .NET 14.10.0 on my end. We are still unable to observe the issue on our end. Can you please try opening the attached PDF files on your end and share with us if there is any issue. Also, we don’t think that this is a bug with Aspose.Slides. Actually, Aspose.Slides uses .NET and .NET uses Windows graphics features. Each version of Windows has its own implementation of graphics features. So small differences are possible.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

I have compared your generated pdf’s (Windows 2008r2 - Windows 8).
The’re still quality differences, see attachment.

You could use DiffPDF to do a compare.
I have added the steps to reproduce in the attachment.

Thanks a lot,
Dennis

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for your feedback and suggestion. I have been able to observe the difference shared by you. However, we don’t think that this is a bug with Aspose.Slides. Actually, Aspose.Slides uses .NET and .NET uses Windows graphics features. Each version of Windows has its own implementation of graphics features. So small differences are possible. Still, I have created an issue with ID SLIDESNET-35945 in our issue tracking system to further investigate w.r.t Aspose.Slides. We will share the feedback with you as soon as it will be shared by our development team.

Many Thanks,