To save an Excel document takes more than one minute

Using Aspose.Cells version
7.3.2.0.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = “urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office” /><o:p></o:p>

Hello,

Please open the
attached file “2010.xlsm”:
and save it:<o:p></o:p>

Workbook _wb = new Workbook(“2010.xlsm”);

_wb.Save(“2010.xlsm”);

It takes more than one minute to save the file.

Thank you for help!

Hi,

Thanks for the sample file.

I can find the issue as you have mentioned. I simply open and re-save your XLSM file, it takes more time to perform the task. We need to investigate and look into it if we can enhance the performance a bit more.

I have logged a ticket with an id: CELLSNET-41142 for your issue. Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

We have looked into your issue and found that are are lots of invisible shapes in your file. Could you check why there are 12374 invisible shapes in the range
H10:H11?

We will improve the performance of saving the file, but we cannot improve the performance of reading the file soon.

Hi,

We have improved the performance of saving the file.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.3.2.4 and let us know your feedback.

Thank you for quick response.

New dll works a bit faster (43 sec). Just to compare I am sending a file containing the same data (12374 hidden objects) but only in Office2003 .xls format. To open and save this object it takes just one second. It looks like an Aspose deals with 2003 and 2010 format files in a different way. Could you please improve the saving time if it is possible? This is very important for us.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback

Well, in the fix v7.3.2.4, as we mentioned we have only improved the performance regarding Saving. We will improve the performance of Reading but it may take some time. We will further look into it and once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Also, XLSX is an OOXML file fomat which is different than older XLS file format and we have to handle it accordingly, see the document for reference:
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsnet/SpreadsheetML+%28XLSX%2C+XML%29

Thank you.

Hi,

We have improved the performance of reading xlsm file.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.3.3.4 and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-41142) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan