Free Support Forum - aspose.com

TOC and MS Word

Hi... The last action my applicaton does prior to saving it, is to update the TOC fields rprtDocBldr.Document.UpdateFields();
rprtDocBldr.Document.UpdatePageLayout();

This works as expected on my local server; but not on the destination server. While the links are accurate, the page numbers are not. The network admin installed MSWord on the server and the same codebase generated the expected result.

PROBLEM: The admins refuse to have MSWord on their servers.... are there specific dlls that can be strategically placed or some other work-around?

Thanks, michelle

Hi<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks for your request. Aspose.Words for .NET does not require having Microsoft Word installed, as Aspose.Words itself is a Word document creation, conversion, page layout and rendering engine. Please make sure that you use the same version of Aspose.Words on your server as on the local PC.

Best regards,

Okay.. so you say that I don't need it installed, but without it, the TOC pages are not updated correctly.... i have included the same two files generated with the same codebase.... The only difference between the two files are 1) the date generated and 2) when it didn't work on the server, we installed (momentarily), ms word ....

Please examine the two files ... the TOC is on page 3.. select 'Top Tests by Cost' and you will find that while the page number says '72', the link takes you to the correct page, which is actually '74'.

if you could help me come up with a different conclusion, I would be most grateful... I would hate to have to tell the users that they will have to update the toc themselves....

Hi

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for additional information. The problem might occur because some fonts are not installed on the server. When you install MS Office, it also installs fonts. So please try installing fonts on the server, I think this will resolve the problem.

Best regards.

Thanks Alexey… that was the issue… i appreciate your help… !!!