TOC/Version Upgrade

Hello,
I just started working on an existing application that uses Aspose Word & PDF libraries for .NET. This is the first time I’ve worked with these libraries, but I have to say you’ve done a great job making the libraries easy for someone new coming in and looking at existing code.
Anyway, one of the things I was asked to research was fixing an issue seen for awhile in the software which is the Table of Contents not updating automatically in the output documents.
I did find in your forum that this feature has been added in version 5, so I downloaded Aspose Words 5.0.2 and will begin working with it today. The questions I’m trying to get at are #1 will the license I have for version 3.3 work with version 5.0.2, or what is the upgrade cost, and do you have any code examples showing a TOC update, or does that take place automatically in the new version?
Thanks in advanced.

This message was posted using Aspose.Live 2 Forum

Hi
Thanks for your request.

1. Unfortunately Aspose.Words can’t update TOC fields. See FAQ for more information.
    As workaround you can use a macro to automatically update the field. See the following link for more information.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/the-filename-field-does-not-automatically-update-when-you-open-a-document-in-word-de2bfb95-d990-1ced-a618-5ac0a2ec1be4
  2. Every Aspose license carries a one-year subscription for free upgrades to any new versions or fixes that come out during this time. If you open your license file using notepad you can find expiration date there.

Best regards.