We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Total Page Count / Password Security - Aspose.Words.SaveFormat.Pdf

I am working on a project where I need to have the option of saving the resulting merge in either RTF or PDF. So far I do like the product and is much easier so far then other products I have tried to so far.

The only stumbling blocks I have run into so far are the following for saving in PDF’s.

(1) I have not been able to get it to merge in the Total Number of Pages in the footer like I was able to for RTF’s. Example (Current Page of Total Pages) in the footer.

(2) I have not been able to determine if there is a current way to add password protection to the pdf’s so that they can not be changed.

Are these known issues? And can they be worked around, without purchasing the Aspose.PDF and having to code for both Aspose.Word and Aspose.pdf to make things work.

I have attached sample code along with the results after compiling.
Currently using Aspose.Word version 6.0.0.0 targeting dot.net 2.0

Hi
Thanks for your request.

1. I managed to reproduce this problem and created new issue #6908 in our defect database. I will notify you as soon as it is fixed.
  2. Currently you can’t protect PDF documents using Aspose.Words. But this feature will be supported in one of the next releases.
    Best regards.

I am working on a new product which I am hoping to roll out the second week of January.

Do you think that these two issues will be resolved by then?

For securing the generated PDF files to prevent editing of the text, is it possible to just run the output though Aspose.pdf to secure it? And would that require me to purchase that lisence just to do that? My goal is to ideally code it once using Aspose.Word which then can convert it to a secured PDF or RTF.

Hi
Thanks for your request. We will try to fix the issue in the one of very next releases. I will notify you as soon as it is fixed.
Regarding PDF document protection. This feature will be supported including document encryption and digital signatures within 2-3 months.
Currently you can protect Word documents using Aspose.Words. See the following link for more information.
https://docs.aspose.com/words/net/protect-or-encrypt-a-document/
Best regards.

As a workaround for the NUMPAGES field problem try placing it in the footer without a table.

I have tried removing it from the table, it does now show up in the pdf without a problem.

I have updated the footers to use Tab stops instead of the table. This seems to be working fine for this case.

Do you think you will fix it so that tables will work in the footers with the inserted fields in the next few releases?

Hi
Thanks for your request. We will try to fix the problem before next release. But, I cannot promise anything. I will notify you as soon as it is fixed.
Best regards.

Do you have any time frame when the next version of Aspose.Word will come out that will support adding a password PDF documents that are generated so that it can not be edited or text can not be copied out of it?

I am hoping to release a product soon but this is a feature that is required, and I am missing it.

Hi

Thanks for your request. The issue is already resolved in the current codebase. Release is coming soon.
Best regards.

Hi
Sorry, I meant the issue #6908 (problem with NUMPAGES field in the header). This issue is already fixed. The release with this fix will be published in 1-2 days.
Regarding PDF protection, I will consult with our developers and provide you more information.
Best regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 6908) have been fixed in this update.