Tracking the changes in word document without enable the track changes option

Hi @Tahir,
My requirement is to tracking the changes made in the word document without enabling the track changes option .The criteria is tracking the changes without the user’s knowledge.The changes details should be shown in separate notepad.Is it possible in Aspose.words in java.

Thanks in advance,
I am in hope with you,
kind Regards ,
Priyanga G

@priyanga,

Thanks for your inquiry. In this case, we suggest you please clone the document after loading the main document into Aspose.Words’ DOM. Please compare the cloned document using Document.Compare with modified document and save it to TXT file format. The text document will contain the changes. Hope this helps you.

Best Regards,
Tahir Manzoor

Hi Tahir,
Thank you for your response.It will be working fine.As i want to track/manage the changes made in the document by the different users.I need the time and date and username who will made the changes in the document. So please could you provide a example code snippet for the above scenario

Thank you,
Regards,
priyanga G

@priyanga,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please use Revision.Author and Revision.DateTime properties to get the author name and date/time of a revision.

Please check the following code example.

Document doc = new Document(MyDir + "in.docx");
Document docClone = (Document)doc.Clone(true);

//Your code to make changes in in.docx.

doc.Compare(docClone, "auther name", DateTime.Now);
doc.Save(MyDir + "Out.txt");

If you face any issue, please share the following documents here for our refernece. We will then provide you more information about your query along with code.

• Your input Word document.
  • The changes you want to make in Word document.
  • Please share the expected output TXT document.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Best Regards,
Tahir Manzoor