Transition formula evaluation issue

Hi,

We have found that “Transition formula evaluation” option does not work properly for the documents in Excel 97-2003 binary format. The code looks as follows:

public class Test1 {

public class CustomFunction implements ICustomFunction
{
@Override
public Object calculateCustomFunction(String functionName, ArrayList paramsList, ArrayList contextObjects) {
return “”;
}
}

public void testTransitionEvaluation() throws Exception {
Workbook workbook = new Workbook(“D:\test.xls”);
Worksheet worksheet = workbook.getWorksheets().get(0);
Cells cells = worksheet.getCells();
Cell cell = cells.get(2, 0);

worksheet.setTransitionEvaluation(true);

CustomFunction customFunction = new CustomFunction();
cell.calculate(true, customFunction);

System.out.println("formula: " + cell.getFormula());
System.out.println("value: " + cell.getStringValue());
}

}

Output looks as follows:

formula: =A1-A2
value: #VALUE!

This bug is not reproducible for the documents in 2007-2013 OpenXML format. If you replace in test code input file “test.xls” on “test.xlsx” from the attachment, output is correct and looks as follows:

value: 1

Could you fix this bug for the documents in Excel 97-2003 binary format?

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for providing us template files and sample code.

After an initial test, I observed the issue as you mentioned by using your sample code with your template file “test.xls”, it works fine with “test.xlsx” though. I got the output value as following:

value: #VALUE!

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSJAVA-41008” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells for Java.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v8.2.1.1 and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-41008) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.