Trend Line not updating

Good day

The data gets updated in code on the hidden tab. When we view the file in Excel the trend lines shows concretely but when we export using Aspose Cells or view it it shows incorrect see attached file.

Code I use to load the file and view

PreviewAspose = new Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop.GridDesktop();
PreviewAspose.Dock = DockStyle.Fill;
PreviewAspose.ImportExcelFile(_AsposeExcel);
PreviewAspose.BorderStyle = BorderStyle.None;
PreviewAspose.ColumnHeaderVisible = false;
PreviewAspose.RowHeaderVisible = false;
PreviewAspose.SheetsBarVisible = false;
PreviewAspose.ActiveSheetIndex = 0;

foreach (Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop.Worksheet ws in PreviewAspose.Worksheets)
{
ws.SetAllCellsReadonly();
}
_ucReportControl.Controls.Add(PreviewAspose);

Hi,

Thanks for providing us template file, sample code and details.

After an initial test, I observed the issue as you mentioned via your screenshots. I found that Trendline in the chart is not rendering fine when the file is imported into Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop control. I used the template file provided by you with the simple line of code:
e.g
Sample code:

_grid.ImportExcelFile(@“E:\test2\30DayStatisticalGraphs.xlsx”);

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-44805” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once the issue is resolved or we have some other updates on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Thanks

Looking forward to the fix

Hi

Just want to mention that we also have the same issue when exporting to PDF see code below

case SharedItems.reportTypes.AsposeExcel:
Aspose.Cells.Workbook theNewReport = new Aspose.Cells.Workbook(_AsposeExcel);
theNewReport.Settings.CreateCalcChain = false;
//Calculate the workbook formulas
theNewReport.CalculateFormula();
switch (_ExportTypes)
{
case ExportTypes.MSExcel:
{
theNewReport.Save(location, SaveFormat.Xlsx);
}
break;
case ExportTypes.MSWord:
{
}
break;

case ExportTypes.PDF:
{
theNewReport.Save(location, SaveFormat.Pdf);
}
break;
}
Hi,

ian@mineware.co.za:
Just want to mention that we also have the same issue when exporting to PDF see code below

case SharedItems.reportTypes.AsposeExcel:
Aspose.Cells.Workbook theNewReport = new Aspose.Cells.Workbook(_AsposeExcel);
theNewReport.Settings.CreateCalcChain = false;
//Calculate the workbook formulas
theNewReport.CalculateFormula();
switch (_ExportTypes)
{
case ExportTypes.MSExcel:
{
theNewReport.Save(location, SaveFormat.Xlsx);
}
break;
case ExportTypes.MSWord:
{
}
break;

case ExportTypes.PDF:
{
theNewReport.Save(location, SaveFormat.Pdf);
}
break;
}

Thanks for providing sample code and details.

Well, Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop control might be using Aspose.Cells library APIs to render chart's image (in the template file) when importing Excel file to its grid matrix. I also observed the issue as you mentioned. I found that Trendline in the chart is not rendering fine in the output PDF/image file via Aspose.Cells APIs. I used the template file (containing the chart) provided by you with the following sample code:
e.g
Sample code:

Workbook wb = new Workbook(@"E:\test2\30DayStatisticalGraphs.xlsx");
wb.Save("e:\\test2\\out1.pdf");

I have logged a separate ticket with an id "CELLSNET-44806" for your issue. We will look into it to figure it out soon.

Thank you.

Good day

Can we have a estimate when this will be resolved. We need to roll out to the client.

Regards

Hi again,

Thank you for writing back.

I am afraid, we have not yet received any updates regarding the tickets attached to this thread. We have logged your comments to the aforementioned tickets and have requested the concerned member of the product team to share the insight of the problem, and preferably an estimated release schedule for the fix. As soon as we get any news in this regard, we will post here for your kind reference.
Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

We have fixed your issues CELLSNET-44805 and CELLSNET-44806.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v16.10.3.0 and let us know your feedback.

If you need .NET 4.0 dll, then please download the latest Aspose.Cells for .NET v16.10.3.0 (.NET 4.0) version.

Hi

Attached exported PDF. Seem not to be working also attached the Excel file.

Hi Ian,

Thank you for writing back.

I have noticed that your provided PDF file was generated with Aspose.Cells for .NET 16.10.0. Please check the attached snapshot for your reference. Please note, the fix was delivered with 16.10.3. Moreover, I have retested the conversion process on my side while using the latest version at the moment, that is 16.10.6 (attached). Please give the latest version a try on your side as well. You may also consider to print the API version using the CellsHelper.GetVersion method just to make sure that the correct version is being referenced in your test project.

Sorry see now my ref copy to folder was enabled. Can you provide Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop as well? Will not run with different version

Hi Ian,

Please note, the latest available version of Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop is 16.10.1. I have tested the scenario against the said revision and I can still see the problem, therefore I have requested the concerned member of the product team to clarify these concerns. As soon as we get any news in this regard, we will post here for your kind reference.

Thanks

Did see bottom trend lines was still not correct

Hi,

Yes, we noticed this issue with the latest fix (Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop v16.10.1). We have reopened the issue and our product team will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.
Hi,

ian@mineware.co.za:
Thanks

Did see bottom trend lines was still not correct

I have discussed the matter related to the GridDesktop component with the concerned team member, and I am glad to inform you that the said issue has been resolved. We are currently waiting for the next build of the component to be available. As soon as it passes all tests, we will provide the download link so that you could ensure the fix on your side as well. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue CELLSNET-44805 now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

Good day.

When will this be ready?

Regards

Hi again,

I have requested the concerned member of the product team to share the release schedule. I will shortly post the details here.

Hi Ian,

I have confirmed that the next revision of Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop will be available with next major release of Aspose.Cells for .NET 16.11.0 which is scheduled for the upcoming week. As soon as the aforementioned release is available for public use, you will be automatically notified here.