Trouble with Links

I'm having problems adding a link to a PowerPoint. What I'd like to be able to do is add a link to an entire TextFrame, not just the text within the TextFrame. The link would link to a specific slide in the presentation. Here are the problems:

First, I can't add a link to an entire TextFrame so that when a user clicks anywhere in the TextFrame it will navigate to the url. I can only add a link to the text within the TextFrame. Am I missing this, or is it impossible?

Second, I can't get the links to work, especially the internal link. I need to be able to link to a specific slide within a presentation. I have tried passing the slide and the slideId, and it doesn't work either way. It shows a link but doesn't do anything when I click on it. When I couldn't get the internal link to work, I tried adding an external link. It didn't work either.

Does it make any difference that I'm using PowerPoint 2000?

Here's a piece of the code. tf is the TextFrame, lnk is a Link:
tf.Links.Clear();
tf.Paragraphs[0].Portions[0].Text =
dsPresentation.Tables[1].Rows[currentObjective]["FriendlyName"].ToString();
tf.Paragraphs[0].Portions[0].Text += ": " + slideStart[currentObjective];
lnk = tf.Links.AddLink();
lnk.SetInternalHyperlink(pres.Slides[3].SlideId);
lnk.Begin = 0;
lnk.End = tf.Paragraphs[0].Portions[0].Text.Length;

It compiles and runs, but it doesn't give me the results I'm expecting. Am I totally missing something here? Any input you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

-J

Dear Jamon,

Yes, now links can be added to the text only.
And probably it’s a one more problem with PP2000. I’ll check it. PP2002 and 2003 work with links.

Are there plans to add the ability to link an entire TextFrame? Is it difficult? I really need that functionality.

Please let me know what you find out about the link issue.

Thanks for your help.

Dear Jamon,

Link entire frame is not too difficult. I found another problem with links.
MS PowerPoint 98 and 2000 save links in the DocumentSummaryInfo stream but PowerPoint XP and 2003 write links directly to the frame. And as you can guess I implemented only second variant. So I have to write parser for DocumentSummaryInfo and SummaryInfo streams on next week.