Troubles with documents including an altchunk part

Hi,

I have a document which includes an altchunk. If I open this document with Aspose.Word and modify somthing in document and save it all altchunk parts are removed.

Is this a known problem of Aspose.Word?

thx
Christian Ternek

Hi Christian,

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please attach your input Word document here along with code for testing? I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

Currently AltChunk is supported during conversions but there is no public API to work with this feature.

Attached is my document and the code is following:

// Open document from stream
 Aspose.Words.Document aspDoc = new Aspose.Words.Document(mem);
 Aspose.Words.DocumentBuilder docBuilder = new Aspose.Words.DocumentBuilder(aspDoc);
Aspose.Words.NodeCollection sdtcoll = aspDoc.GetChildNodes(Aspose.Words.NodeType.StructuredDocumentTag, true);
 Aspose.Words.SaveFormat docSaveFormat = Aspose.Words.SaveFormat.Docx;
 //Save it back into another stream
docSaveFormat = Aspose.Words.SaveFormat.Docx;
aspDoc.Save(dstStream, docSaveFormat);

br,
christian ternek

Hi Christian,

Thanks for sharing the detail. I have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side. I have logged this issue as WORDSNET-7917 in our issue tracking system. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Do you have an idea how fast you will be able to fix this issue?

thx

Hi Christian,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have verified the status of WORDSNET-7917 from our issue tracking system. Currently, this issue is pending for analysis and is in the queue. I am afraid, I cannot provide you any reliable estimate at the moment. Once your issue is analyzed, we will then be able to provide you an estimate.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-7917) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

I tested the new version and it works perfectly. Thx for the quick fix.

Hi Christian,

Thanks for your feedback. Please feel free to ask if you have any question about Aspose.Words, we will be happy to help you.