Troubleshooting SMTP client for a "protocol violation"error

Good afternoon (I assume).

I’ve been asked to solve a problem that is occurring when trying to send an email through an Exchange 2016 server.
The issue is that the dialog results in an exception:
“<span style=“background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: “Segoe UI”, Tahoma, Arial, Verdana; font-size: 12px;”>The server committed a protocol violation. The server response was: Enter mail, end with “.” on a line by itself’.”

(of which I was never aware that it was a protocol violation for an SMTP listener to say, hehheh).

Anyway: if I come up with a little prototype program that uses Aspose.Email to do this, my prototype runs against any SMTP host I can find - but at the customer site, it coughs up this error.

Is there a way to (just like possible with System.Net.Mail, see http://www.systemnetmail.com/faq/4.10.aspx for more info) to get a dump of the actual smtp dialog, or other information that would be useful for figuring out what might cause this to happen?

Regards

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting your inquiry.

Could you please share which host your customers are trying to connect to that results in this exception? You can use the API’s SMTP Client Activity Logging feature to get the log information. Please try the activity logging at your end and share the host as well as log information with us for further consideration at our end.

Unfortunately, this is one of those “everything on premise”-situations. We have to ask the customer to run our test program, so I’d like to get as much information as possible from a single run. :wink:

I’ll get into it! Thanks so far… if I have any questions, I’ll be sure to be in touch!

You are welcome.