TrueType font not embedded when saved as PDF despite PDF option setting

On our Word forms, we use Monotype Corsiva, a Truetype font, to indicate electronic signatures. We find that when Word documents are saved as PDFs, the Corsiva font is not embedded. I thought the following IsEmbedTrueTypeFontsForAsciiChars would cause this happen, but it’s apparently not.

PdfOptions opt = new PdfOptions();
opt.IsPreserveFormFields = true;
opt.IsEmbedTrueTypeFontsForAsciiChars = true;
doc.SaveToPdf(0, doc.PageCount, OutputFile, opt);

The complete code is attached as Corsiva.txt. The attached Corsiva.PDF is the output of saving the document using that code.
The attached Corsiva.JPG illustrates the output of Acrobat 9’s Preflight utility when I run the PDF Analysis / List text using non-embedded fonts profile.
This could well be a failure on my part to set some other property that I need. Is there a way to embed the Truetype font Monotype Corsiva in the PDF?
Thanks.
Jim McFadden / Unum / Chattanooga, TN, USA

Hi

Thanks for your request. The problem occurs because you set IsPreserveFormFields property to true. In this case, end user should be able to enter new values into form-fields. So whole font should be embedded into the output PDF file or installed font can be used. If use the first option, this can significantly affect the output document size. That is why Aspose.Words does not embed fonts used in editable PDF fields.
We will consider adding an option to embed full versions of fonts used in PDF form-fields. We will notify you as soon as this issue is resolved.
Best regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-3563) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.