Try save vsd to vdx. But the generated vdx is not the same as vsd

Hi,

I run below code and check the vdx file. The vdx file is not the same as vsd file.

public class ExportToXML
{
public static void main(String[] args) throws Exception
{
// The path to the documents directory.
String dataDir = Utils.getDataDir(ExportToXML.class);

// Call the diagram constructor to load diagram from a VSD file
//Diagram diagram = new Diagram(dataDir+ "drawing.vsd");
Diagram diagram = new Diagram(dataDir+ "UV_Promo.vdx");
// Save input VSD as VDX
diagram.save(dataDir+ "Diagram.vdx", SaveFileFormat.VDX);

System.out.println("Process Completed Successfully");
}
}
Hi Hugh,

Thank you for contacting support. We can convert your source Visio diagram in the VDX and did not notice any problem. It appears as you are using an old version of Aspose.Diagram API. Please download and use the latest version 5.9.0 of Aspose.Diagram for .NET APIs. Please also let us know how it goes on your side. We have attached output VDX zip for your kind reference.

Thanks for your response. It seems work in your side, but not work in my side.

I try version 5.9.0. get below Error.

Exception in thread “main” com.aspose.diagram.DiagramException: Error in element Pages in \VisioDocument. savePages
at com.aspose.diagram.gb.a(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.diagram.aaj.e(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.diagram.DiagramMapperXML.save(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.diagram.js.b(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.diagram.Diagram.a(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.diagram.Diagram.save(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.diagram.examples.Diagrams.ExportToXML.main(ExportToXML.java:27)

com.aspose
aspose-diagram
javax.media.jai
com.springsource.javax.media.jai.core

I try version 5.4, the VDX file is generated. When I try to open it by Visio 2007, get an alarm message. Click ok, the vdx file is not show correctly.

Hi Hugh,

Thank you for the details. We're sorry to share with you that we could not reproduce the error message on our side and need to be more specific. Please provide the complete details of your working environment. It'll help us in replicating the error message on our side, please reply to the following questions:

• What is the version of the Operating System and edition, etc.
  • What is the JDK version and update/build number of Java environment?
  • What is the Java application type?
  • What is the development IDE and its edition (e.g. Netbeans or Eclipse)?
  • Any other information that you think is necessary.

We're looking forward to help you.

Please check attachement

Hi Hugh,

Thank you for the details. From your earlier post here, it appears as you have not applied a valid Aspose license because we can notice an evaluation watermark in the screenshot. If it is so, then please note that the evaluation version has some limitations, for example only renders the first page. You can get a 30 day temporary license. Please keep using the latest version of Aspose.Diagram API and apply a valid license. Please refer to the following help topics: Applying a License, Download Aspose APIs

We also managed to replicate this error message on our side. It only occurs without applying a license. Please get and apply a temporary license and then let us know how it goes on your side.

it works. Thanks.