Trying to add TextStamp to pdf fails - File is used by another process

Hi,

We have an application that creates pdfs (using pdftk), and after a successful pdf creation adds page numbers etc. using Aspose. After adding textStamps to all pages, we want to save our document, using Aspose.Pdf.Document.Save() function. This works for all our files (and has so for the past year) except for one single file. For this file, we get a crash, saying that the file is in use by another process. Trying to delete the file manually from the file system says the same, and does so until we stop our service.

Using Process Explorer I see that System has two handles for this file (pid 4). However, it won’t let me close the handles - I assume this is because it’s a System handle.

I’ve run out of ideas on how to solve this, and I’m wondering if it’s an issue with Aspose, and if we should try upgrading Aspose to a newer version? We’re currently running Aspose.Pdf version 9.0.0.

Hi Maren,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid, It is difficult to suggest you anything without replicating issue at our end. Please share the problematic PDF file, we will add text stamp and will provide you information accordingly.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Hi Maren,

Adding more to Tilal’s comments, I wonder why the particular document holds file handlers with same application which works fine for other files. Along with the resource file, can you please share the sample project so that we can test the scenario at our end.