We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Tune the conversion from TIFF to PDF

Hi,

I am currently evaluating the TIFF => PDF support for the above mentioned product. I tested the following products as competitors:

-Aspose

-FoxIt

-PDF4Net

With

the above mentioned order, processing time as the size of the resulting PDF decreased. I know that depending on the need there might be some extra levers to pull to make products faster, right now I just used the following sample adapted from your SDK:

//Instantiate a Pdf object by calling its empty constructor
        Aspose.Pdf.Generator.Pdf pdf1 = new Aspose.Pdf.Generator.Pdf();

//Create a section in the Pdf object
        Aspose.Pdf.Generator.Section sec1 = pdf1.Sections.Add();

//Create an image object in the section
        Aspose.Pdf.Generator.Image image1 = new Aspose.Pdf.Generator.Image(sec1);

//Add image object into the Paragraphs collection of the section
        sec1.Paragraphs.Add(image1);

//Set the path of image file
        image1.ImageInfo.File = TiffFilePath;

//Set the type of image using ImageFileType enumeration
        image1.ImageInfo.ImageFileType = Aspose.Pdf.Generator.ImageFileType.Tiff;

////Set image title
        //image1.ImageInfo.Title = "JPEG image";

//Save the Pdf
        pdf1.Save(PDFFilePath);

Is there any setting I can use to speed up the processing or decrease the size in my case ?

The conversion takes place from tiff to pdf.

Thanks in advance, Jens

Hi Jens,

Thanks for your interest in our API’s.

Please note that the time taken by our API to either perform TIFF to PDF for PDF to TIFF depends upon the structure and specific decoding of input file. Furthermore, you have tried using a legacy (Aspose.Pdf.Generator) approach for TIFF to PDF conversion. However I would recommend you to please try using the new DOM (Document Object Model) approach of Aspose.Pdf namespace and in case you are not satisfied with the performance, please share the resource TIFF images so that we can test the scenario in our environment. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

I tested the samples outlined below by you and the time decreased to a third by increasing the produced output from the original tiff files (180MB) to 2,3GB (in pdf format).

I think that the product might not be a good solution in that case, but thanks for the support so far.

-jens

Hi Jens,

Thanks for sharing the feedback.

Can you please share the resource TIFF image so that we can test the conversion in our environment and see how we can further optimize our API to fulfill your requirements.

In order to share large files (greater than 25 MB), please try uploading them to some free FTP and share the link with us.