Two columns in MS Word export

Hi all,

I’am new on Aspose.Words for JasperReports and I currently evaluating the benefits of using it in our company to generate better MS Word reports. We have the following three requirements which are not supported by JasperReports out of the box seemingly:

1. A native Word header and footer (works fine with Aspose.Words)
2. A native two column Word layout with running text, see attached example (ideally without tables/frames, no solution found until now). The text content of a column have to move to the next column when adding text or using enter key for example. Converting PDF to Word to get a two column layout would be a acceptable workaround, too.
3. A (native) table of content with page numbers (not evaluated currently). We are using a self implemented simple solution without links to the pages (plain headline text and page number in running text only). We want to switch to a better solution.

Can somebody help me especially with the two column layout? Is this feature supported currently or soon? This one is a hard k.o. criteria for buying Aspose.Words for JasperReports licences.

Thanks,
Christian Hengst

Hi Christian,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Christian.Hengst@lubw.bwl.de:

1. A native Word header and footer (works fine with Aspose.Words)

Yes, Aspose.Words for JasperReports support this feature.

2. A native two column Word layout with running text, see attached example (ideally without tables/frames, no solution found until now). The text content of a column have to move to the next column when adding text or using enter key for example. Converting PDF to Word to get a two column layout would be a acceptable workaround, too.

Unfortunately, Aspose.Words does not support the requested feature at the moment. However, I have logged this feature request as WORDSJSP-148 in our issue tracking system. You will be notified via this forum thread once this feature is available. We apologize for your inconvenience.

3. A (native) table of content with page numbers (not evaluated currently). We are using a self implemented simple solution without links to the pages (plain headline text and page number in running text only).

Aspose.Words for JasperReports provides a unique feature that allows inserting Microsoft Word fields to any point of a document. This feature can be used to insert page numbers that are dynamically updated as the document is edited, TOC (table of contents), and many other things. Please read following documentation link for your kind reference.
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsjasperreports/Inserting+Fields