Two instances of the Aspose.Cells dll when opening a file

Hi,

This is more of a query than an issue; we found that when we open a file using Aspose.Cells, two instances of the assembly are created. I have attached a screenshot of what I see when using “Process Explorer” while selecting the process for the application in debug mode.

I asked this question as we have concerns on the impact of this second instance; is the second instance used for some background processing or something?

We are the following code block to open an Excel file.

OpenFileDialog odialog = new OpenFileDialog();
odialog.Filter = “Excel Files (*.xlsx) | *.xlsx”;
DialogResult result = odialog.ShowDialog();
if (result == DialogResult.OK)
{
Workbook wb = new Workbook(odialog.FileName);
}

Hi,

Thanks for your query.

We could not find your attached screen shot. Please attach it here. Also, please provide more details about the issue, so that we could understand you better and provide you details accordingly.

Thank you.

Hi,

I have attached the screenshot in this reply.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for providing us screen shot.

We need to investigate your issue as you mentioned and provide more details here as you are using “Process Explorer” tool. We need to check and may provide details if it is normal behavior. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-41935” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

We have evaluated your issue. We could not find your mentioned issue with “Process Explorer”. Which version do you use ? It seems there’s something wrong with your project.

Thank you.

Hi,

We notice this second instance on any project using Aspose.Cells.
We are currently using Aspose.Cells 7.5.2.1 (which is the latest version I believe).

I have attached a small project that causes two instances of Aspose.Cells.dll to appear in Process Explorer. The code simply opens an input file and and resaves it.

NOTE: The two instances of the dll appears in Process Explorer when the {Execute} button is clicked and the file dialog appears.

I have attached a screenshot to show what process is being checked at the moment the instances appear. This is the process under “devenv.exe” called “RunnableApplication.vsh…”.

Hi,

Thanks for providing us the sample project and screen shot.

We are sorry as you find the issue i.e…, two instances of Aspose.Cells.dll occurs in “Process Explorer”. I have logged your comments with solution to attach against your issue “CELLSNET-41935”. We will look into it and investigate the issue using your project under “Process Explorer” tool.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

Please create a window project with a simple dll created by yourself and run it, you will see there are two instances of the simple dll.

So it’s not the issue of Aspose.Cells. It’s the behavior of ProcessExplorer.