TypeInitializationException Is Thrown when Converting PPS to ODP in C#

I’m building an application that runs on both windows and macos.

This application converts pps to odp.

On Windows (10) it works but on MacOs I get:

TypeInitializationException:The type initializer for ‘Gdip’ threw an exception.

We’re using the latest AsposeSvg and the app is built in .net 6.

See code example:

AsposeSlides.zip (3.3 MB)

@nielsbosma,
Thank you for reporting the issue.

I’ve added a ticket with ID SLIDESNET-43227 to our issue tracking system. We apologize for any inconvenience. Our development team will investigate this case. You will be notified when the issue is resolved.

Any updated? The ticket says BLOCKED?

@nielsbosma,
The issue has been blocked by other issue (.NET 6 support).
.NET 6 support has been planned for version 22.7. After solving this task, we will be able to solve the problem you are facing.

Hi 22.8.0 is now out but the issue persists.

@nielsbosma,
Unfortunately, Aspose.Slides does not support .NET 6 yet. It has been moved to version 22.11. I’ve linked this forum thread to the issue with ID SLIDESNET-42778 (.NET 6 Support). When this is done, you will be notified.

The issues you found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-42778) have been fixed in Aspose.Slides for .NET 23.2 (ZIP, MSI).
You can check all fixes on the Release Notes page.
You can also find the latest version of our library on the Product Download page.

This seems not to be working for osx. Any ETA?

@nielsbosma,
Please share more details on the issue you are experiencing.

See the example in the top of the thread. I’m still getting that exception.

@nielsbosma,
The SLIDESNET-43227 issue has not been resolved yet. I requested plans for the issue from our development team for you.

1 Like

@nielsbosma,
The issue you mentioned will be investigated this week. Thank you for your patience.

Any progress on getting this to work on osx net6 or net7

@nielsbosma,
The issue was blocked by another issue. I’ve requested information from our developers for you. We will let you know soon.

@nielsbosma,
Our developers will continue investigating the case this week. We will inform you of any progress.

1 Like

Is Slides now working on OSX?

@nielsbosma,
Yes, Aspose.Slides for .NET works on OS X. You should use .NET 6 cross-platform version or .NET Standard version of Aspose.Slides from the ZIP package with Aspose.Slides for .NET (the NuGet package contains Aspose.Slides for .NET 6 for Windows only).