We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Uid column value mismatch (CTS-3236)

Hi,


While converting attached MPP to PDF, values in first column - UID - in output doesn’t match with the source file at many places.

E.g. fourth task (Client) shows is #10, fifth task (Country) is #13, and so on …

Rajiv

Hi Rajiv,


I have tested the scenario at my end and have was able to observe the mentioned issue. It is now logged in our issue tracking system under id: TASKS-33766 for further investigation by our development team. I will write back here as soon as some feedback is received in this regard.

Hi Kashif,


This issue has been marked as ‘Duplicate’ here.

Can you tell which other bug / thread it is a duplicate of ?

Thanks,
Rajiv

Hi Rajiv,

The issue is duplicate of TASKS-33745 (Render all the coumns as per source MPP: Provide support for TaskUsage and ResourceUsage) that has already been fixed by now and will be part of our upcoming version of Aspose.Tasks for Java 7.1.0. We’ll notify you here once the fix version is available for download.

Can you let us know the ETA for Aspose.Tasks for Java 7.1.0 release??


Thanks,
Ajesh

Hi Ajesh,


Aspose.Tasks for Java 7.1.0 release is expected in first week of October, 2014. You will be automatically notified once the new version is released and available online for download.

This issue still exist with Aspose Tasks 7.1, pls reopen the bug.


Am not sure why was it made a duplicate of TASKS-33745 in the first place (which was for rendering all columns in Task Usage and Resource Usage views).

This particular issue (TASKS-33766) was supposed to be about mismatch in the content in a column (i.e. UID). If you look at my first post on this thread, I clearly mentioned that fourth task (Client) shows is #10, fifth task (Country) is #13, and so on.

Output in 7.1 is same as 7.0, UID columns values are not matching with source, infact a new row at first place has got added with ‘Unassigned’ Resource Name out of nowhere, which looks like a regression wrt 7.0.

So basically looks like TASKS-33766 did not capture the exact problem clearly, and hence it obviously has not got fixed with 7.1 release. Pls reopen the bug with adequate details, make it ES support with Major priority.

Rajiv

Hi Rajiv,

Could you please make sure that you are using the latest version of Aspose.Tasks for Java 7.1.0 at your end? I have converted the sample MPP file with this latest version and it works fine except that the “Unassigned” Resource row has been added. Please share your feedback with us so that we can forward these details to our development team. I have attached the reference PDF file here for your reference.

PS: I would suggest you to create a new test project and test this issue with it if you are getting the error again at your end.

Hi Kashif,


I am sorry I wasn’t getting desired result due to explicitly setting a different view in my project, I realized that the code exist of late. After removing it, I am able to generate expected output with 7.1.

Regarding unknown row getting added, I shall initiate a separate thread, and then you can file a corresponding bug.

Thanks,
Rajiv

Hi Rajiv,

Thank you for identifying the issue at your end and sharing the feedback with us.

Regarding the unknown row getting added, I have already logged it as TASKS-33788 in our issue tracking system for further investigation by our development team. We’ll notify you here once there is some update available in this regard.

Alright, thanks …


Rajiv

The issues you have found earlier (filed as TASKS-33788) have been fixed in this update.


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.