Unable to convert document(DOCX) with Chinese text

Hi, I was trying out the trial version of your product and I uploaded a docx with some content in Chinese and the output PDF rendered all the text as square boxes. What is the reason for this? I’m not able to upload the file here since ‘docx’ extension is not allowed.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

@rohit.joseph,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please note that Aspose.Words requires TrueType fonts when rendering documents to fixed-page formats (JPEG, PNG, PDF or XPS). You need to install fonts that are used in your document on the machine where you’re converting documents to PDF. Please refer to the following article:

How Aspose.Words Uses True Type Fonts

If you still face problem, please ZIP and attach your input Word document here for testing. We will investigate the issue on our side and provide you more information.

Thanks Tahir for the quick response! I followed the instructions on the link and pasted the fonts into the ‘usr/share/fonts’ folder, but I’m still getting blank squares when I convert it. I’ve attached the document, please let me know if its an implementation error on my end. Thanks!chineseFile.zip (286.3 KB)

@rohit.joseph,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have tested the scenario using latest version of Aspose.Words for Java 17.8 and have not found the shared issue. Please install the fonts that are used in your document on the machine where you are converting document to PDF. We have attached the output PDF with this post for your kind reference. 17.8.pdf (411.7 KB)

Moreover, we suggest you please read following article.
How to Receive Notification of Missing Fonts and Font Substitution during Rendering

Thanks a lot for your help Tahir! I will try what is mentioned there and get back to you if I face any problem