Unable to copy/paste format from saved workbook

I am using Aspose.Cells (Version 3.9.1.0). I can save to Excel workbook. It properly saves the formats. But when I open the saved workbook in Excel I cannot copy paste formats from the saved workbook to another workbook in Excel.

Thanks

It seems a bug in old version. Please download and try v4.0.2 at www.aspose.com/downloads.

This is even worse. When I try to copy and paste in Excel, It makes Excel to crash. We have to ship our product and I am eagerly awaiting for the solution.

Could you please post a sample project to show your problem? That will help us to reproduce and find the problem. We don’t find this problem in the latest version.

This is how I was testing the new version

Aspose.Cells.Workbook excel = new Aspose.Cells.Workbook();

Aspose.Cells.Cell cell = excel.Worksheets[0].Cells[0, 0];

cell.PutValue(10);

cell.Style.Font.Underline = Aspose.Cells.FontUnderlineType.Single;

excel.Save("d:\\AsposeTest.xls");

It creates Excel file successfully but I cannot do copy/paste from one workbook to another. Copy/paste within the workbook works.

It seems that this problem only occurs on Excel97 and Excel2000. Excel2002 and Excel2003 don't have this problem. Which version of MS Excel are you using?

I will try to fix it ASAP. When will you release your application?

I am using Excel 2000.

The release date is not fixed yet. But the project is being tested by QA. They have reported this problem and we want to fix it as early as possible.

Thanks

Please try this attached version.

Copy/Paste seems to work, but the following line does not export the color

cell.Style.ForegroundColor = Color.Red;

Following line of code should be added while setting foreground color:

cell.Style.ForegroundColor = Color.Red;

cell.Style.Pattern = BackgroundType.Solid;

It seems to work now. I wonder that in previous versions for solid background color it was not required to set pattern style explicitly, but that is not a big deal.

We already have a license and what we have to download. Will this fix be available as a separate download (What version??). We have to install it.

Thanks.

You can just replace all your old dll with this new dll. Installation is not a must. If you want to get an officially released version, you have to wait for 1-2 weeks.

Please post whenever new version is officially released

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

We will post you the officially new released version of Aspose.Cells. soon.

Regards

Amjad Sahi

Aspose Nanjing Team

How long I have to wait for the next version officially released?

Thanks

And offical release will be published no later than the start of next week. We are doing some final testing on it.