Unable to edit Categories and Series (text) in a chart

Hi,

I am trying to edit an exported PPTX chart by right clicking on the category or series and “Edit Data” > Edit Data or Edit Data in Excel.

I am using MS Office 2013 and the version of Aspose.Slides is 14.9.

Could you please let me know how to edit the category / Series text ?

Any quick suggestion would be of great help!

Thanks,
Priya

Attaching the PPTX. Below is the fill Category code that I am using.

protected virtual IChartDataWorkbook GetDataWorkBook()
{
return Chart.ChartData.ChartDataWorkbook;
}

protected virtual void FillCategories()
{
var dataWorkbook = GetDataWorkBook();
var items = Data.Categories.GetDataPage(ItemsPerPage, CurrentSlideIndex, DoCategoriesDataReverse());

if (Data.Orientation == QVDatasourceTransformer.Page.DataView.OrientationEnum.Horizontal)
{
SetHeight(items.Count());
}

items.ForEach(
(index, category) =>
{
var chartCategory = Chart.ChartData.Categories.Add(dataWorkbook.GetCell(0, index, 0, (string) category.Name));
SetupChartCategory(chartCategory, category);
});
}

Hi Priya,

I have observed the issue shared by you and request you to please try using Aspose.Slides for Java 14.10.0 on your end as similar issue has been fixed in Aspose.Slides for Java 14.10.0. If there is still an issue then please share the generated presentation and working sample code with us. I will investigate the issue further on my end to help you out.

Many Thanks,

Hi,

Thanks for the information. Will this support .Net 4.0 also. I am worried as the name goes Aspose.slides for Java.

Thanks,
Priya

Hi Priya,

Yes this is applicable to Aspose.Slides for .NET 14.10.0 as well. Actually. Aspose.Slides for Java is ported from Aspose.Slides for .NET. So any thing working in Aspose.Slides for Java is workable in Aspose.Slides for .NET as well for being the source.

Many Thanks,

Hi,

The exported slide while loading says, The file “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15\ChartData.xlsx” already exists. Would you like to replace it. I click on Yes and it takes forever to load the power point. I ended the powerpoint process and opened the downloaded file it is still not editable.

Should I actually create a linked excel file before creating the PPTx in my code? Only then the edit option works?

Thanks,
Priya

Hi Priya,

I have observed your requirements and request you to please share the working sample project, source and generated presentations. Please also share the snapshot of incurring issue. I will investigate the issue further on my end to help you out.

Many Thanks,

Thank you Fayaz. This is resolved after downgrading to 14.8 Aspose.slides.

Thanks,
Priya

Hi Priya,

This sounds to be a good news that you are able to continue working on your end. Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,