Unable to edit PDF document with some filled fields

I have seen other similar posts but the suggested solutions of using FileStream and opening for ReadWrite Access does not work for me.

I fill some fields of a PDF document electronically from ASP.NET MVC 5. All the fields should remain editable(via Adobe Reader) after the filling but the “extended features no longer available” message is displayed and the PDF document is no longer editable.

Any suggestions on how to get past this, I assume the digital signature of the document is changed by the save and not necessarily the filling, which disables the extended features.

thanks

Johann

@jbothapvt,

Kindly send us all details of the use case, including source PDF and code. We will investigate and share our findings with you. Your response is awaited.

Code for opening and closing a document to preserve extended rights …

Job Card template.pdf (865.8 KB)

//* * * Apose latest test
FileStream fs = new FileStream(dataDir + “Job Card template.pdf”, FileMode.Open, FileAccess.ReadWrite);
// Instantiate Document instance
Aspose.Pdf.Document pdfDocument = new Aspose.Pdf.Document(fs);
// Get values from all fields
pdfDocument.Form.XFA[“form1[0].#subform[0].TextField11[0]”] = “Testing”;
pdfDocument.Save();
fs.Close();
//* * *

Document is flattened after save ?

@GenrecEng,

We have tested your scenario with the latest version 17.11 of Aspose.Pdf for .NET API and can edit fields in the output PDF file. This is the output PDF file: Job Card template.pdf (867.5 KB). Kindly download and try the latest version 17.11 of Aspose.Pdf for .NET API, and then let us know how that goes into your environment.

I need the document fillable in Adobe Reader not Pro.

@GenrecEng,

Kindly share the details of Adobe Reader application. We have opened output PDF in the Adobe Reader DC and can edit fields. Your response is awaited.

I am lost now, I run your code and using latest Adobe Reader DC on my side wont edit the document.

I am running the code as part of an asp.net mvc 5 solution, could this be the difference between your and mine setup ?

@GenrecEng,

We need to be more specific with this scenario. Did you try to edit field of the PDF document which we have shared in an earlier post here? If so, then kindly highlight the problematic field with the help of a snapshot. We are asking this because there are few other fields those are also not editable in the source PDF document. Your response is awaited.

W are not able to edit any fields on the document, that is the requirements

@GenrecEng,

We have opened the output PDF in Acrobat Reader DC 2017 and could edit all form fields except Requested by, technician and Unit / Room. Kindly send details of the problematic environment, including Operating System name (e.g. Windows 7 Professional 64 bit), Acrobat Reader version, local language settings, and some handy information which could help us to replicate the same problem in our environment.