Unable to export to PPTX

We’re running into an issue with one of our reports that, when certain objects are hidden, the report will not render to PPTX. It renders to HTML, PDF, and XLS fine.

I have attached the .rdl, as well as an excel file containing:
1. A list of the hidden objects (highlighted in yellow)
2. The dataset "data"
3. The dataset "ActiveRatingHistory"

All parameters have been defaulted to the value that results in the failed export. However, please make sure that the first parameter (@BRAND) is set to “Inc” during testing.

Please contact me with any questions.

Regards,
Josh

Hi Josh,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I am expecting that you have tried the latest avialble version of Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services 4.6.0 on your end. Please share the RPL file for your report as well by following the guidelines shared here. Please also share the generated PPTX by highlighting the issue in it. I will create an issue for resolution in our issue tracking system based on availbility of requested information to help you further.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,
Thank you for your quick reply. We were on v4.5.0, but I upgraded our test server to v4.6.0 this morning, and we still see the same issue. Additionally, I have enabled RPL export, and attempted to export this report to RPL, and it fails, as well. As a reminder, we can render to other platforms (PDF, HTML, XLS, etc).

Obviously, I cannot share the resultant PPTX file, as not file is generated when this report errors out.

At this point, you have the .rdl file and the dataset, albeit in .xlsx format. I am assuming that you have what you need to investigate this issue. If there is anything we can help you with, please let us know, but our expectation is that you have everything that we can provide, and you will not be waiting on us for any additional information.

Regards,
Josh

Hi Josh,

Thanks for your feedback. I have created an issue with ID SLIDESREP-33239 in our issue tracking system to furthe investigate and resovle the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so taht you may be automatically notifeid once the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconveience,

Hi Mudassir,
Any update on this issue?

Regards,
Josh

Hi Josh,

I have consulted with our development team and like to share that the issue shared is in progress and we are investigating it. We will share the information with you as soon as the issue will be resolved.

Many Thanks,
Hi Mudassir,
Any update on this issue?

Regards,
Josh
								</div>
								</div>

Hi Josh,

I like to share that the issue shared by you has been resolved in Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services 4.7.0 which will be released by end of February 2013. We will share the notification with you as soon as the product will be released.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESREP-33239) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Hi Mudassir,
We installed the updated version of Aspose.slides, but still cannot render this report. We’re using SSRS 2008 R2.

I installed the Universal .dll, but it would not render anything. I tried the 2010 .dll, and it works fine for the rest of our reports, but still fails on this one. Unless there’s something else you would recommend, I think we’re going to need you all to take another look at this.

Also, can you tell us what the identified issue was?

Regards,
Josh

Hi Josh,

We are sorry for your inconvenience. I have tested again on my end and have been able to reproduce the issue. I have re-opened the issue stated and will share the feedback with you as soon as the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESREP-33239) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The updated version tested fine! Thank you for the quick turn-around with the hotfix!

J