String sFilePath = “D:/Test”+OutfileName;
Workbook workbook = new Workbook();
Object data[][] = new Object[1][1];
data[0][0]=“test”;
Worksheet works = workbook.getWorksheets().get(0);
works.getCells().importTwoDimensionArray(data, 0, 0,false);
workbook.save(sFilePath,SaveFormat.XLSB);
}
This code gives me the XLSB file which i can open using MS-Excel 2016 but cannot import it into MS-Access 2016.
Get an error.
“System resources exceeded”.

Therefore i changed the save call in the above code as:
workbook.save(sFilePath,SaveFormat.XLSX);

Now i am able to import the file in MS-Access 2016 as required but now unable to open it into excel.
It gives error
Excel cannot open the file ‘Test.xlsb’ because the file format or extension is not valid. Verify that the file has not been corrupted and that the file extension matches the format of the file.

Note:Jar used is aspose.pdf-17.2.0.jar
I need the fix or resolution for the issue asap.

@pranavkhedkar1512,

I observed the issue as you mentioned by using your sample code. I found that MS Access database does not import XLSB file (by Aspose.Cells APIs) into it. If we import XLSX file (generated by Aspose.Cells APIs), it works fine though. Moreover, if I open the XLSB file into MS Excel (e.g 2013) and resaved it manually in MS Excel. Now MS Access imports the saved Excel spreadsheet (XLSB) into it fine. I am using MS Access 2013 database and first open a blank database into it and then try to import Excel file via its “Excel” icon under “External Data” menu.

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSJAVA-42348” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

@Amjad:
Thank you for your reply.
Yes, the resaved file can be imported into MS-Access.Also if i save it as XLSX file with SaveFormat XLSX, that works.
But we want it to be XLSB file.
We are importing xlsb file into MS-Access manually, and that’s how it is required.
Waiting for the update from you.
Thanks,
Pranav

@pranavkhedkar1512,

Please spare us little time (3-5 days or so) to analyze and figure out your issue. Hopefully your issue would be fixed soon.

Thank you.

@pranavkhedkar1512,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue (logged earlier as “CELLSJAVA-42348”) now. We will soon (in the next 2-3 days) provide you the fix after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

Thank you.

Thanka a lot Amjad:I am eagerly waiting for the fix.

@pranavkhedkar1512,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v17.7.1:

Your issue should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,
Can please provide any other way to download this file. It’s quite difficult for me to download it in our organization from dropbox.

Thanks,
Pranav

@pranavkhedkar1512,

Could you provide me your email on which you want me to post the fix, I will send the fix via email.

Thank you.

Please rename the extension of jar file,otherwise it will be blocked in our system

@pranavkhedkar1512,

An email (with attachment) is sent to your mentioned email ids.

Thanks,

Hi Amjad,
Thanks you very much. It worked as expected.
So when can you release this Jar?

@pranavkhedkar1512,

Good to know that the new fix figures out your issue now.

Well, you may use this fix as an official release, it has all the features of previous release v17.7 plus fixes and other enhancements. We publish official releases once per month, so the next official release of the product, i.e., Aspose.Cells for Java v17.8 would be published in the third or fourth week of August, 2017.

Thank you.

@amjad_sahi1
Actually our client needs to download this file from your website.
We cannot ship this jar file to them.
What is your next release date?

Thanks,
Pranav

@pranavkhedkar1512,

We publish/upload official releases only to Downloads module. Well, the date is not final as the releases are published when ready but it is expected in the third week of August 2017.

Thank you.

@Amjad_Sahi
Ok . I will get back to you asap ,if we need anything in urgency.

Hi Amjad,
Will you be able to provide the intermediate release for us.
I do not have any idea how convenient is it for you, but if you can that will be a sigh of relief for us
Thanks,
Pranav

@pranavkhedkar1512,

The fix v17.7.1 is actually an intermediate release which is published in forums for the users. I am afraid, we cannot upload that interim release (fix) in Downloads module. We have a policy and according to it, we publish major (official) releases once per month.

Thank you.

@Amjad_Sahi:
Can you tell me on what date of this month you have planned to release the new Jar? And I also assume that ,it will have the fix which i require…am i correct?

@pranavkhedkar1512

Yes, it will include all the fixes of the previous releases including yours and you can expect it to be released on 18-Aug Friday, 2017. Once, it will be released, you will get automatic notification of it in this thread.