Unable to Merge Documents

Good day,

my production environment is down because at 10 am, the system stopped merging PDF documents. Instead creating a file that is 0kb. Could you please assist?

regards

Hi Peter,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Please share your template PDF file and sample code with us to help us reproduce the issue at our end. Also, please let us know which version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET you are using. This will help us identify the cause of the issue soon.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Hi Nausherwan,

I haven't got the installation files, but have the file versions for the assemblies that we are using (see below). I have also added the snippet of code that is used to merge the documents. Initially, we thought that the license had expired, but the same code worked perfectly in the development and staging environments. So I am still baffled by what happened ton 08 Nov 2012, causing the code to stop working at 10H30

Libraries

Aspose.Pdf.dll 4.2.1.0
Aspose.Words.dll 9.0.0.0

Code Snippet

public static byte[] ConcatenateDocuments(IList letters )
{
AsposeLicenseManager.SetLicenses();
var outputStream = new MemoryStream();
var pfe = new PdfFileEditor();
var inStream = letters.Select(letter => new MemoryStream(letter)).ToList();
pfe.Concatenate(inStream.ToArray(), outputStream);
return outputStream.ToArray();
return MergePdfDocuments(letters);

}

Regards

Peter.

Hi Peter,

From above information, I have got an understanding that your code has started working and the issue is gone. Furthermore, you have shared the product binaries version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET and Aspose.Words for .NET but concatenation is being performed using PdfFileEditor class which has been the part of legacy Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET.

Please note that since June-2011, Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET has been merged into Aspose.Pdf for .NET and all its classes are present under Aspose.Pdf.Facades namespace. I would suggest you to please try using the latest release version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET 7.4.0 and in case you still face some problem, as request earlier, please share some resource files and sample project which can help us replicating this issue at our end.

We are really sorry for this inconvenience.