Unable to process xps in Linux

Hi,

Currently my Jar application is using Aspose PDF Java Version 19.4 and I did some testing on converting
xps file in CentOS Linux 7. it works fine on Windows, but when I did my testing on CentOS, an error of “Requested font type subsetting is not supported” was thrown. The sample code im using and the test file I used to test.

com.aspose.pdf.LoadOptions xps = new com.aspose.pdf.XpsLoadOptions();
    com.aspose.pdf.Document xps= new com.aspose.pdf.Document(input, option);

samples.zip (1.8 MB)

Thanks

@zhilin39

We are checking the scenario and will get back to you soon.

@zhilin39

We have tested the scenario in our environment (i.e. Linux CentOS 7 x64) and were unable to notice the error that you have mentioned. The documents were converted into PDF without showing any exception.

sample2.pdf (286.7 KB)
sample3.oxps.pdf (286.7 KB)

Would you please make sure that you have installed all core fonts packages in your system. Furthermore, we did notice that output PDFs contain some invalid characters InvalidCharacters.png (7.7 KB) and for that we have logged an issue as PDFJAVA-38540 in our issue tracking system.

We will further look into details of the issue and keep you posted with the status of its correction. Please be patient and spare us little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi,

@asad.ali

I have checked my system and didn’t know that I need to install core fonts package in order for it to work as intended. I tested with my test file after installing core package and everything seem to be working fine. Thank-you for ur help!

@zhilin39

It is good to know that your issue has been resolved. Could you please let us know also, if you have faced any invalid character issue in output PDF document? OR it did not occur in your environment.

Hi,

@asad.ali

Yes, I do face invalid character issue in my output PDF document which I have filed an similar issue on regards to this.

This is the issue im referring to: Content distorted after xps to pdf conversion

thanks

@zhilin39

Thanks for your feedback.

We will definitely take care of the issue and work to resolve it. Please spare us little time.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFJAVA-38540) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for Java 20.10.