Unable to read metadata from PDF

When you open the attached file up using Acrobat, it identifies it as claiming compliance with the PDF/A standard, and if you look in the document’s properties, all of the expected metadata appears. However, if you open it up using Aspose.PDF, none of the metadata is available in the Document.Metadata property. Is there another way to read the metadata, perhaps? Here’s a quick bit of code that can be used to demonstrate the problem:

Dim Document = New Aspose.Pdf.Document(FileName)

MessageBox.Show(“Document” & If(Document.Metadata.Contains(“pdfaid:part”), " has ", " does not have ") & “a pdfaid:part entry.”)

Note: the document does not pass Adobe’s Preflight check for PDF/A conformance, for a reason that doesn’t make sense to me (it claims the producer is mismatched between the doc info and the metadata, but it looks the same to me, but I can’t read the language that it’s in, so perhaps there’s a difference I can’t see). Either way, the metadata all appears to be there, but Aspose can’t see it for some reason.

Thanks,

Michael Whalen

Hi Michael,

Thanks
for using our API’s.<o:p></o:p>

I
have tested the scenario and I am able to notice the same problem. For the sake
of correction, I have logged this problem as PDFNEWNET-36970 in
our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this
problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. Please be
patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your patience.

The development team has further investigated the issue reported earlier and it does not seem to be a bug. Please note that the value of Producer entry contains illegal NULL (0x0) character (A?A? are illegal in this string - pdf:ProducerA?A?.M.i.c.r.o.s.o.f.t.A®. .W.o.r.d. .2.0.1.0; modified using iText 2.1.7 by 1T3XT</pdf:Producer>) in metadata. Currently Aspose.Pdf solution ignores non-validated XML strings. The user should recreate metadata with well-formed values.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan