Unable to save existing PDF document from unknown producer

I’ve attached a PDF file created by an unknown producer. It may have had its metadata removed by a metadata cleaner (not ours) that removed the application and producer metadata, but we’re not sure. When we open the file using Aspose.PDF (.NET, v9.3), we can’t save it - the following code throws a null ref exception:

Dim Document = New Aspose.Pdf.Document(SourceFileName)

Document.Save(DestFileName)

I’ve attached a text file with the stack trace, as trying to include it in the text here stripped the non-ASCII chars from the obfuscated method names.

Opening the document in Acrobat and resaving does not immediately fix the issue, but opening the document in Acrobat, changing something (I tried the Title field in the properties) and saving it does appear to fix the issue, so perhaps that’s a clue as to what’s wrong.

Anyway, is there anything I can do to work with files like this using Aspose.PDF, by any chance?

Thanks,

Michael Whalen

Hi Michael,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. While testing the scenario with the latest version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.3.0, we have managed to reproduce the reported issue and logged it in our bug tracking system as PDFNEWNET-37069 for further investigation and resolution. We will notify you via this thread as soon as it is resolved.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-37069) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.4.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.