Uncompelte installation!

Under which circumstances the following error happens?

System.IO.IOException: Uncomplete installation!
at Aspose.Pdf.Kit.PdfViewer.OpenPdfFile(String filePath)
[...]

The pdf was converted by Aspose.Pdf and it can be read by external pdf viewer. The environment is a MS Word toolbar, from which the current word-document is converted to a pdf. This converted pdf should then be loaded and previewed with your PdfViewer.
When I try to call my method from a "normal" Windows.Form (instead of from my Word toolbar) the PdfViewer does not throw this exception.

My Version: 2.5.1.0

Thanky for your answer.

Hi, tiredwarlord
Please restart your machine and restart your .net.

Best regards.

ok, I restarted my machine. But where I can restart .NET?

After restarting windows, the error occurs again as described in my first thread.

That was not the solution. Under what circumstances this exception will be thrown? Do you have any idea why this happens?

I need your help.

Please check whether the “path” enviroment virable includes “C:\Program Files\Aspose\Aspose.Pdf.Kit\Resources;” .(or your installed kit path: $kitPath\Resources)

If no, please add this into the enviroment virable and restart the computer.

Best regards.

Ok, it works. But I use

Environment.SetEnvironmentVariable(..)

to set it within my program.

Why don't you use your fonts as embedded resources? That would make embedding your dll's much easier.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks for your suggestion. We will try to embedding the resources into the dll later.

Hello,

Is it possible to get any estimate when Pdf.Kit resources will be embedded into the dll?
We are dealing with the same problem. It would make application deployment much easier for us

Thanks

This is also the only thing stopping my company from purchasing Pdf.Kit

Can you at least specify the directory where the required files will be stored in? This would allow me to move them inside my application directory for easier deployment.

Sorry to tell you that we encountered some technical problem and we need more time to avoid this limitation. I hope we can resolve this problem late this month or early next month. If you want to include the required files you should include all the files in Aspose.Pdf.Kit\Resources. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I beleive I have the correct Path info and I’m still erroring out.

Here is my path.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\BIN;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\Tools;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\Tools\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\PlatformSDK\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\bin;C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\VCPackages;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions\2.0\bin\NOTES;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions\2.0\bin\NOTES\DATA;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\BINN;C:\WINDOWS\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0;C:\Program Files\Common Files\GTK\2.0\bin;C:\Program Files\Aspose\Aspose.Pdf.Kit\Resources;c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\binn\

And here is my stack.

ex.StackTrace " at x22bcffa34b42a390.x573da502a3364b6b.x5b81632e5b71b64c(Stream x23cda4cfdf81f2cf, String x682935b2be2ef7d8, String x319214f212f6cc99, Int32 x9542370f777d8414, Int32 x7ad47f71c8fff7a8, Int32 x1de68a531466236f)\r\n
at Aspose.Pdf.Kit.PdfConverter.DoConvert()\r\n
at BarcodeToolkit.BarcodeReader.ReadBarcode(String barcodeImg) in c:\cvsroot\barcodetoolkit\barcodereader.cs:line 67" string

And here is my code.

PdfConverter pdfConv = new PdfConverter();

FileStream inPdf = File.OpenRead(barcodeImg);

pdfConv.BindPdf(inPdf);

pdfConv.DoConvert();

TempFile outPdfTempFile = new TempFile(Path.GetTempPath(), “tif”);

barcodeImg = outPdfTempFile.GetTempPath() + outPdfTempFile.GetTempFileName();

FileStream outTifStream = File.Create(barcodeImg);

pdfConv.SavaAsTIFF(outTifStream);

inPdf.Close();

outTifStream.Close();

I also tried copying the font files into the bin directory and that didn’t seem to work. I’m using version 2.5.2.0 of Aspose pdf.kit. Any idea of what’s going on here?

Thanks
gravest@ppsc.com

Hi,

Can you please download the latest version 2.6.2.0 and test it again.

Thanks.