Unhandled excpetion

Hi there,

I downloaded aspose.word to try but the problem is that with some files it throws an handled exception saying stack overflow in system.drawing. Is it problem with aspose.words dll or some setting need changing etc. the attached document is the one of few which throws this exception.

The document opens, saves and converts to PDF without any problem. Please send me a code snippet that will allow me to reproduce the error.

I am using the aspose demos which are built in when you download aspose. I downloaded from here https://releases.aspose.com/words/net/ the full version, when you are going to install it, it’s going to create a start menu item called featured demos, i opened Aspose.Words.Demos.WinForms project which is build with C# and when i try to open this and few other documents it just crashes saying StackOverFlowException, i also try to put a try/catch block as well but still no luck. the attached file has the project file, let me know if you are able to open the same document with this.

Thanx

Qaiser.

You are trying to view the document with Aspose.Words.Viewer beta which is known to be unstable and is for demo purposes only. It is unsupported by now. A completely reworked release version of Aspose.Words.Viewer is underway and will be published soon.
Please mind that the main functionality of Aspose.Words is not viewing or printing Word documents, but rather manipulation of the document contents from code, merging it with data and preparing filled documents based on templates or creating new documents from scratch in code.
Best regards,

We are happy to tell you that the new Rendering Engine has replaced the “old Viewer Beta”. The Rendering Engine can print, save as images or draw onto .NET Graphics object any document page.

Please see Aspose.Words documentation to learn more about new features.

Saving to image

In additional, new Rendering engine allows you to convert Word document to PDF directly (without using Aspose.Pdf).

Saving to Pdf

The latest version of Aspose.Words is available for download from downloads section or from NuGet