Unicode Support?

I have a database table ForeignLanguageTest with two fields, ID and LetterText. The datatype used to store the foreign language text is ‘ntext’ which is the datatype used by SQL SERVER for unicode data along with nchar and nvarchar.

I am retrieving data from the database and trying to write it to a field on the PDF and it does not seem to work. If I write in plain text, it seems to show the PDF correctly.On debugging I notice that the values are seen correctly within the IDE environment and also within my normal application, I can use the values retrieved from the database and populate edit boxes, text boxes etc.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = “urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office” /><o:p>
The piece of code I am using to do this is :

string inputPDF = @"C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ForeignLanguageTest\LEPLetter.pdf"
string outputPDF = @"C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ForeignLanguageTest\output.pdf"
Form f1 = new Form(inputPDF, outputPDF)
</o:p>
<o:p>f1.FillField(“Text2”,strLetterText); //strLetterText is the value retrieved from the database
f1.Save();
//Write the output to memory as a binaryImage
Response.Expires = 0 ;
Response.Clear();
Response.BufferOutput = false;
Response.ContentType = “application/pdf”;
Response.Redirect(strPath,true);//strPath is the URL for output.PDF

I am also attaching my input PDF for your perusal.
Any light you may shed on this would be helpful.

Thanks,
Vivek

</o:p>

Dear Vivek,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

I have tested the case that the field’s value is a unicode and found that it is really a problem. We will fix it ASAP.

Best regards.

Dear Vivek,

The support to unicode of field will be supported in next version which will be released in next month.
1) Unicode strings for field names will be supported which is generally used in Adobe Acrobat 7.0.

2) Unicode strings for field values will be supported.

Best regards.

Ken, Thanks for the prompt replies - they are much appreciated.
We have a release coming up soon and we are very interested in exploring the possibility of using ASPOSE instead of our current solution. Is the issue of unicode support already solved and if so - could you make a beta available for us to validate ?
Also, we have a requirement wherein we want to add fields to a existing PDF, I see from the previous post that according to you- this is something which is not inherently desirable. So - is the recommended method to achieve this goal - to create a new PDF with a the new fields using ASPOSE.PDF and then stich it to the existing PDF to create a new PDF or is there a better alternative.
Thanks in advance
Vivek

Dear vivek,

About the unicode support, it hasn’t been solved, it will be implemented ASAP in early next month.

About the adding field to existing pdf, could you give me more details about your requirements? As I know, perhaps it is possible to add some fields in the tail of the existing pdf. If you want to add new field in any place in an existing pdf, it seems difficult. Because Pdf doc is not like word, it is mainly used to print and publish. It dos not much adapt to revising existing pdf except for the fillable field.

Anyway, please describe your requirement in more detail, we will try our best to implement your expected function.

Best regards.

Dear vivek,

The unicode field value is supported now.

Please try to use the latest version of the API by downloading from the Downloads section and feel free to inform us in case you notice any issues.