Uniquely identifying a PST item

I have a process that requires to extract emails from PST in a distributed fashion. So the way I do this with other library, is to list all the items in the PST first with a Unique identifier that I can use later from several batches to extract the item. These items could be emails, contacts, tasks, or calendar items.

The problem I have is EntryID is not unique and I found several artifacts that has the same EntryID.

Is there another field that I has a 1-1 relationship with each item in the PST?

Regards,

Hi Bahjat,

Thank you for writing to Aspose Support team.

We haven’t faced any such situation where the EntryID is not unique. Can you please share your sample PST file with us that we can use to investigate the issue and assist you further?

For some entry IDs I am still getting this error:

An unhandled exception of type ‘System.NullReferenceException’ occurred in Aspose.Email.dll

The EntryID I am using is 24 bytes constructed from the MessageStore for 16 bytes starting for the 4th and the id of the item is the last 4 bytes of the EntryID, For many of items it retrieves them correctly but for some many others I get the exception above.

Hi Bahjat,

The issue seems specific to your PST file as we are unable to reproduce it at our end using the availabel sample PST files with us. Please share your sample file with us so that we can investigate the issue further at our end.