We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Unknown Exception while sending mail

Hi,

I try to analyse a problem while sending a mail via aspose smtp client in JAVA. I’m running an application in Debug mode in my IDE.

Almost every time, when I try to send a Mail the IDE is pending in a suspended thread obviously because of an not visible exception. => Screenshots

The Mail was sent in first, but not at the following times.

Does anyone know anything, that could solve the problem.

Thanks in advanced!

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Aspose Support team.

Could you please share with us the SMTP server you are using to send the emails through our API? We have tested the SMTP client with our test server as well as Gmail and no such error was observed. Also, please use the latest version of the API i.e. Aspose.Email for Java 17.3.0 in your application. If the issue still persists, please share a test account credentials with us for further investigation at our end.
p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Monaco; color: #7e504f} span.s1 {color: #931a68} span.s2 {color: #000000} span.s3 {color: #0326cc}

We use "smtp.gmail.com". We also updated the aspose email lib to 17.3.0 but the error still exists. Any Other thoughts?

And again.. the error only occurs in debug mode within the IDE.

Hi,

I have checked the following sample code in debug mode using IntelliJ IDEA 2016.2.1 (java version 1.8.0_101) again and again but could not observe any issue with Aspose.Email for Java 17.3.0. Could you please test your sample code in some other IDE and share the feedback?

MailMessage mail = new MailMessage(“usergmail.com”,"user@gmail.com",“Test Subject 1”, “Test Body”);
 SmtpClient smtpClient = new SmtpClient(“smtp.gmail.com”, 587, "user@gmail.com", “password”); 
{ 
try { 
smtpClient.send(mail); 
} catch(Exception ex) { System.out.println(ex.getMessage()); } }