Unlisted API changes in Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop namespace

Hello,

I’ve just installed the latest version of Aspose Cells for .NET (8.5.0) and I’ve noticed that there are unlisted API changes.

• GridCell.SetCellValue() has been removed;
  • Worksheet.AutoFitColumns() has been removed;
  • WorksheetCollection.IndexOf() has been removed.

I may have missed that these methods had been deprecated for a while, but I haven’t seen that they have been removed in the list of API changes.

So I have to:

• use GridCell.Value property instead of SetCellValue() and GridDesktop.RunAllFormulas(), which will have impacts on performances;
  • use Worksheet.AutoFitColumn() in a loop;
  • retrieve the index of the Worksheet in a WorksheetCollection in another way.

Were these changes planned for long? Is there any very short term plan to implement equivalents of these methods?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Best Regards,

J-D.

Hi J-D,

jean-denis.tenaerts:

I've just installed the latest version of Aspose Cells for .NET (8.5.0) and I've noticed that there are unlisted API changes.
  • GridCell.SetCellValue() has been removed;
  • Worksheet.AutoFitColumns() has been removed;
  • WorksheetCollection.IndexOf() has been removed.

I may have missed that these methods had been deprecated for a while, but I haven't seen that they have been removed in the list of API changes.

We have checked the latest build of Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop 8.5.0, and we are able to confirm that the above mentioned methods are no longer available. Could you please state which version of the component you were using before this release so we could thoroughly investigate the matter on our side?

Hi again,

This is to inform you that we have verified the presented scenario with previous release of Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop v8.4.2 where all mentioned methods are available. We have logged an investigative ticket with Id CELLSNET-43763 to look further into this matter. Please allow us some time for proper investigation. In the meanwhile, we will keep you posted with updates in this regard.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi,

The previous version of Aspose Cells for .NET I was using was 8.4.2.

Hi J-D,

Thank you for the confirmation.

We are able to verify that all the mentioned methods were available in Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.4.2, based on which we have logged an investigative ticket for product team’s review. Currently the ticket is pending for analysis and is in the queue. As soon as we have completed the preliminary investigation, we will share our findings here.

With Aspose Cells for .NET 8.5.1, GridCell.SetCellValue(), Worksheet.AutoFitColumns() and WorksheetCollection.IndexOf() are back in Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop namespace.
However, GridCell.Protected property (in the same namespace) has been removed.
I haven’t seen its removal in Public API changes list.

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Best Regards,
J-D.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-43763) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi J-D,

Thank you for the confirmation on previously reported problem. Regarding the recent concerns, I am able to notice the issue, that is; the GridCell.Protected property has been removed from the recent release of Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop. I have logged an investigative ticket with Id CELLSNET-43782 to look further into this matter. Please allow us some time for proper analysis. In the meanwhile, we will keep you posted with updates in this regard.

Hi again,

This is to inform you that the problem logged earlier as CELLSNET-43782 has been resolved. We will shortly provide the fix here after performing quality assurance and incorporating other enhancements.

Thank you for your patience with us.

Hi,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop v8.5.1.1

We have fixed your issue now.

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you.

Hello,

I confirm that the latest version/fix (Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop v8.5.1.1) solves the issue.

I can recompile my solutions without a hitch.

Thank you for your help.

Best Regards,

J-D.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Good to know that your issue is sorted out by the new fix. Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help or have some other issue or queries, we will be happy to assist you soon.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-43782) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.