Unreadable content- drawing removed in Excel 2007- v8.5.2

Hi Aspose,

After simply re-saving the same .xlsb file in Aspose v.8.5.2, we get the following errors when opening the file in Excel 2007:

“Excel found unreadable content in ‘…xlsb’. Do you want to recover the contents of this workbook? If you trust the source of the workbook, click Yes.”

"Excel was able to open the file by repairing or removing the unreadable content.
Removed Part: /xl/drawings/drawing1.xml part (Drawing shape)."

Also some drawings and charts were missing.

This is reproducible in Excel 2007 only, after saving with Aspose v8.5.2.
Opening and re-saving the original file in Excel 2007 does not cause this issue.

Java code to reproduce the issue:

// Open Excel file.
final Workbook workbook = new Workbook(“C:\Temp\UnreadableContent.xlsb”);
// Save Excel file.
workbook.save(“C:\Temp\UnreadableContent_out.xlsb”);

Attached is the .xlsb file in question.

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We have looked into this issue and found that your source xlsb file (i.e UnreadableContent.xlsb) is corrupt. It gives error messages when open in Microsoft Excel 2007 or 2010. I have attached the screenshot of Excel 2007 showing the error while opening this file for your reference.

Please note, if you will re-save the corrupt xlsb file using Aspose.Cells, then output xlsb file will be automatically corrupt.

Hi,

Attached is the corrected source xlsb file which no longer shows any errors when opened in Excel 2007.

After re-saving by Aspose, the output file is still corrupted.

Please assist.

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

I have looked into your file and tried to open it in Microsoft Excel 2007 and it still showed error in opening. I have attached the errors for your reference. It means the source excel file is still corrupt.