Unstable

"I use Aspose.Word.Document.MailMerge.Execute(string[] fieldNames, object[] values) and save the document.

The document now crashes when you open it in word."

-----------------------------------------

"Unfortuantely it is not possible just to remove shapes that are causing problems from the document. There is no way now to define exactly if it would be safe for the overall document generation. You need either substitute it with a bitmap or remove it from template document altogether.

We plan a major upgrade for graphics support in Aspose.Words but it won’t be soon."

-----------------------------------------

So basically this product is unstable and we shouldn’t be using it yet?

Aspose.Words is 2.5 years old, we have over a thousand customers using the component and we never heard any problems from most of them.

Sorry you have problems with your documents. The DOC files are very complicated and basically undocumented by nature and we do our best to support all of the document features we can.

I understand that, but if you don’t support charts, why do you create a corrupt document rather than throwing an exception.

I don’t know about your other clients but i would rather recieve an exception saying, “This document has a chart in it, we don’t support documents that have a chart in it.”, than have Aspose.Word produce an unusable document which gets passed back to the client on the false asumption that everything went ok during the mail merge.

Is this to much to ask?

*Aspose.Words is 2.5 years old, we have over a thousand customers using the component and we never heard any problems from most of them.

Have you been on your forums lately*